Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp and ge force 210 no sound

Last response: in Windows XP
January 29, 2012 10:34:33 PM

Hi

For the life of me I can figure out what is going on here. I recently replaced by video card to an Nvidia GE force 210 and have not been able to get sound to work since. If I reinstall my old card sound returns and the Realtek Audio choice show up in the Sound and Audio control panel. As soon as I put the new card in the realtek audio setup disappears and no sound. The old card was vidio only whereas this card is both. I still have the old sound card installed and wonder if there is a patch or something that is need. I have download and run Driver Boost, all to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jacob
a b \ Driver
January 30, 2012 5:45:40 PM

hofjac said:
Hi

For the life of me I can figure out what is going on here. I recently replaced by video card to an Nvidia GE force 210 and have not been able to get sound to work since. If I reinstall my old card sound returns and the Realtek Audio choice show up in the Sound and Audio control panel. As soon as I put the new card in the realtek audio setup disappears and no sound. The old card was vidio only whereas this card is both. I still have the old sound card installed and wonder if there is a patch or something that is need. I have download and run Driver Boost, all to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jacob

Install the new card.
Any device manager error for autio - or "Other devices" ?
Run "services.msc" - Verify Windows Audio Service is started & set to
Automatic.
m
l
!