Evga GTX 570 classified higher Overclocking... Lower FPS

I'm overclocking my classified GTX 570 and past 870-875 core clock it starts to drop below 60 FPS in the Evga OC scanner. I'm OC'ing with MSI afterburner because I previously had stability issues stock so I stepped the voltage to 1.050v. The memory is 1980. Is there anything I can do or is this just how it is? At 950 core it was like 40fps.
3 answers Last reply
More about evga classified higher overclocking lower
  1. Quote:
    What is your whole system specs?

i5 2500K
    Asus P8Z68V-Pro
    CM hyper 212+ dual fans
    Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz
    XFX 850w
    Evga GTX 570 classified
  2. I am running

CPU- i5 2500k @4.4ghz
    RAM- g.skill 8GB 1600mhz
    PSU- Antec Neo Eco 620c 620w
    MB-- MSI P67S-C43 (B3)
    GPU- EVGA 570 HD

I have great case cooling and low ambient temps. When I overclock the 570 (stock is 732/1464/1900) to just about anything over 785/1570/2000 I get slower fps rates. I can't figure out why either. I've run many configurations with higher voltages and every different clock I could. I am definately not overheating. I can overclock this card to 925/1850/2100 and run stable in furmark with temps not going over 71c. For some crazy reason in furmark, kombuster and the GTA iv benchmarks I run lower FPS when overclocked. But then I can run Metro 2033 benchmark and my FPS go up with increased clock speeds. Same thing happens in 3dmark11, the higher my clocks the better the FPS. This is boggling my mind. My gpu isn't being throttled or anything either.

At stock speeds this thing handles evverything I'm playing right now but I would prefer my card be set at 875/1750/2000 just because my temps stay under 65c at full load and it would seem to be a decent OC. I've been OC'ing my cards for years now and this is the first time I've seen or had anything like this happen. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My OC'd pny 460 gtx @875/1750 is pulling better FPS scores in furmark and kombuster than this 570. But while playing games the 570 shows a noticeable improvement. So I'm guessing Kombuster and Furmark, which I'm running the latest versions of both as of this post (Dec. 17th 2011), are having issues. But then if that guess is right I'm curious as to why GTA IV is also showing lower FPS in it's benchmark.

Any ideas?

Edit:
    Ok, a little update. I ran Fraps while playing GTA IV and changed clock speeds. I am definately getting better FPS rates with higher clocks. At stock I'm fluctuating between 35 and 45 fps with the graphics completely maxed out. At 875/1750/2100 I'm between 64 and 75 fps, seems to stick around 66 fps almost constantly though. So now I'm starting to think that it's just some benchmarks that are the issue or have an issue with this particular card and it's not the card itself.
  3. Yea I didn't know when I first posted but I had to RMA my card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Gtx FPS EVGA