Solved

Cant boot after install new hard driver

hi all,
i know there are lots of thread which mention about this problem, but they all don't work out for me.
I just took out my 750g HDD and installed a hitachi 1T HDD in same cable connecter. Then i power up my pc and the message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device". The cables are the same when my computer worked, so i think there is no problem with cable IDE connector. My 1st HDD is the SDD 128G which have window 7 home premium. The new 1T HDD is just storage which i did to my old 750G HDD. I don't know why this issue came up cuz i just took out the old 750g and replace it by the new 1T HDD.
Please help me with this one. Thank you
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cant boot install hard driver
  1. _Aries_ said:
    hi all,
    i know there are lots of thread which mention about this problem, but they all don't work out for me.
    I just took out my 750g HDD and installed a hitachi 1T HDD in same cable connecter. Then i power up my pc and the message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device". The cables are the same when my computer worked, so i think there is no problem with cable IDE connector. My 1st HDD is the SDD 128G which have window 7 home premium. The new 1T HDD is just storage which i did to my old 750G HDD. I don't know why this issue came up cuz i just took out the old 750g and replace it by the new 1T HDD.
    Please help me with this one. Thank you

i forgot to mention taht my new 1T HDD is SATA 2.
    EDIT: I just took out the 1T hard driver and put back the 750G, and it worked. I think the problem is my new 1T Hitachi.
  2. this just happened to me yesterday.... my hdd came lose, was not plugged in all the way.
  3. Best answer
    Are you sure the boot loader isn't on the 750 gig drive? This is why I like to make sure only the drive I want to install the OS to is the only drive in the system when installing an OS, otherwise the bootloader and OS can end up on different drives. Of course, this usually results in the NTLDR not found message.
  4. Best answer selected by _Aries_.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Boot Cable Storage