Things I want in a sims update

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 27, 2005 7:17:12 PM

1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something to
being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back in.

2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go for
it or if they aren't married or engaged.

add your wants here....

More about : things sims update

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 9:38:21 PM

"janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something to
> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back in.

Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
They have middle age masks :)
Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualities.

> 2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
> front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go
> for
> it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>
> add your wants here....

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 1:24:29 AM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:17:12 -0400, "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote:

>1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something to
>being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back in.
>
>2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
>front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go for
>it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>
>add your wants here....

Both the teenage years and the old age are far too long, most of the
life should be as an adult.
July 28, 2005 2:14:50 AM

janice wrote:
> add your wants here....

I would like them to fix whatever causes some dead Sims to be alive to the
game. This bug has ruined Pleasantview for me.

Gareeth
July 28, 2005 3:25:49 AM

> "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
>> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something to
>> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back
>> in.
>
> Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
> They have middle age masks :)
> Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualitie

but I want it to be automatic like the other aging.

>> 2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
>> front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go
>> for
>> it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>>
>> add your wants here....

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:47:30 AM

Kingsley Matthews <toomuchspam.kingsley.matthews@ntlworld.com> wrote
in news:1sufe1t65si7hipe6s6pqbaet1277k6h4p@4ax.com:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:17:12 -0400, "janice" <noway@nohow.com>
> wrote:
>
>>1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20
>>something to being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an
>>adult child move back in.
>>
>>2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the
>>other in front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not
>>around then go for it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>>
>>add your wants here....
>>
> Both the teenage years and the old age are far too long, most of
> the life should be as an adult.

You can change this to be whatever you want. Simply follow the
instructions given here:

http://www.simlogical.com/

Click on Sims2->scroll down and click on global patches->scroll down
to "Agegroup tweaker."

Be sure and follow the directions carefully...and definitely back up
your files. I used it and it worked like a charm.

--
Mike
Get thee down. Be thou funky.

>You can change this to be whatever you want. Simply follow the
>instructions given here:

>http://www.simlogical.com/

>Click on Sims2->scroll down and click on global patches->scroll down
>to "Agegroup tweaker."

>Be sure and follow the directions carefully...and definitely back up
>your files. I used it and it worked like a charm.

Great. Ironically I want to make childhood and teens much much longer!
Goes far to quick for me, especially childhood.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 9:44:03 AM

>> "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
>>> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something
>>> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back
>>> in.
>>
>> Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
>> They have middle age masks :)
>> Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualitie
>

> but I want it to be automatic like the other aging.

Soooo, until they make it automatic, use the mirror to apply these :)

>>> 2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
>>> front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go
>>> for
>>> it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>>>
>>> add your wants here....

July 28, 2005 10:22:40 AM

> janice wrote:
>> add your wants here....

I would like Sim Teens and kids to be able to use their own desks. They all
go to the same one, and if it's taken they plop it on the floor.

Also, more than 8 sims and pets.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 10:22:41 AM

"Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> janice wrote:
>>> add your wants here....
>>
> I would like Sim Teens and kids to be able to use their own desks. They
> all go to the same one, and if it's taken they plop it on the floor.

Just keep telling them to go to their own desk, after a while they learn :)

> Also, more than 8 sims and pets.

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:22:35 PM

i'd also like to see the much longer adulthood and i love the middle
age idea. i'd like to see the aspiration wants & fears to be much less
of a thing, even make it something i could turn off or minimize in some
way. i don't like having my sims fly into neurotic shakes because they
can't have pancakes at 9pm or become despondent and sob into a bag of
flour when she's had 3 kids already and is worn out from it. i want to
set my own wants for them and don't like having to keep the aspiration
meter up any more than i liked keeping the green meter up and now we
have to do both.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:23:12 PM

> add your wants here....

1. More control over the Wants and Aspirations - 10 Sim kids (or lovers or
friends) is too many for me to care about. Until then, there's always
Merola's painting...

2. The charades game; it kept a group of Sims occupied and seemed to raise
the party score as well. Myshuno does not do it for me...it becomes an odd
Sim addiction.

3. The limo and Drew Carey, believe it or not. Even though I'm beyond it
now, it always gave a little thrill when all the thought bubbles turned to
Drew. I loved the idea that he wanted to be included that way. Maybe
include his skin again...

4. The ability for Sims to sing in a microphone and Join in a performance.
More musical instruments, too.

5. Meals for the number of Sims present!

6. The ability to momentarily compel many sims to do one thing is a fun
element and could be incorporated in a new way, like the turkey and campfire
did.

How about a Group Car Wash for the Nightlife cars? For University students,
they can Cram in Car! A Prepare Meal Together option? I would love to see
kids Gang Up on Parents to Whine or Pile On!

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:28:57 PM

gamestersgames@aol.com wrote:

> Available on the phone with the rest of the services: The Goon
> service.
>
> $10 black eye
> $15 broken nose
>
> Both for $20
>
> $40 weekend in the Emergency ward

I know there's a Mastercard commercial in this somewhere...

Black eye $10
Broken nose $15
Weekend in the Emergency ward $40

___________________________________...

....Priceless!

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 10:47:09 PM

I'd love to see kids nagging their parents for toys - ie the childrens
wants are the parents responsibility! Don't whine at me, you little
brats, talk to your olds!

I never get them Myshuno, and it certainly doesn't bother them.

In an aside, I saw the bonfire dance for the first time last night when
Angela and Lilith were graduating from college. Brilliant.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 12:26:12 AM

> 5. Meals for the number of Sims present!

There's a hack somewhere that prevents adult sims from selfishly making a
meal just for themselves while their children go hungry. And there's a
no-autonomy fridge out there someplace (can't remember where, either MTS2 or
Simlogical, I'm thinking) that means you have to click on a sim and tell
them to serve a meal, so that's good when company comes over. But having 8
sims in the house and meals that only serve 6 is lunacy. And if you have
less than 6 people, I'd like to be able to put the leftovers back in the
fridge, so children can go get them to stick in the microwave later. Kids
can do that in RL, why not on the sims?

> 6. The ability to momentarily compel many sims to do one thing is a
> fun element and could be incorporated in a new way, like the turkey
> and campfire did.
>
> How about a Group Car Wash for the Nightlife cars? For University
> students, they can Cram in Car! A Prepare Meal Together option? I
> would love to see kids Gang Up on Parents to Whine or Pile On!
>
> ---
> Michelle

I would like parents to be able to read to more than one child at a time, or
help with homework for all the kids at once, sitting at the kitchen table
while the parent walks from one to the other, spouting gems of wisdom. <g>

Jeanie
July 29, 2005 2:20:19 AM

I'm with you on this one Janice... I personally think they should have a few
extra days in each age group and add the middle age. I always use the
fountain of youth or whatever it's called....

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
"janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message

>> "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
>>> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something
>>> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back
>>> in.
>>
>> Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
>> They have middle age masks :)
>> Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualitie
>

> but I want it to be automatic like the other aging.
>

>>> 2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
>>> front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go
>>> for
>>> it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>>>
>>> add your wants here....

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:00:10 AM

If you do that, you may need to alter the lifetime length overall or your
sims might die as teenagers from old age! Inge thinks she might have
identified which line this is (she doesn't know for sure) and I'm currently
testing it. I also want much longer sim lives.

One drawback is that the game is set up to give you just about enough time
to achieve certain things in each life stage - the best example is toddlers.
There's just about enough time at the default age length to teach the
toddlers to walk, talk and potty by themselves. When you lengthen the time
they are a toddler, it is, of course, much easier to achieve these things
without time pressure but it's harder to keep their aspiration level up
thereafter. Learning to walk/talk/pee gives the toddler a huge aspiration
boost but this dissipates after a while and the other wants they get don't
give as high a boost and toddlers, in particular, are prone to blank slots
once their goals are met. One way around this is to get them nearly
walking/talking (they'll learn the potty just from using it) and then leave
further training until just before they are due to grow up. Then you can do
the last bit just before they age and get them into platinum aspiration so
they grow up well. That's if you care about such things. Growing up badly
can make for some interesting gameplay.

Best wishes
maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >You can change this to be whatever you want. Simply follow the
> >instructions given here:
>
> >http://www.simlogical.com/
>
> >Click on Sims2->scroll down and click on global patches->scroll down
> >to "Agegroup tweaker."
>
> >Be sure and follow the directions carefully...and definitely back up
> >your files. I used it and it worked like a charm.
>
> Great. Ironically I want to make childhood and teens much much longer!
> Goes far to quick for me, especially childhood.

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:17:28 AM

I get the impression from bits and pieces I've read, it would be very
difficult (programming-wise) to make an extra life stage in the regular
neighbourhood. When we did get an extra life stage (young adult), it was
made so that the sim had to exit from the regular neighbourhood and enter a
new one to live through it. I'm guessing this will be because the expansion
packs, as they come, will be independent of one another. In other words,
you will be able to have one without others, just like you could with Sims
1. Many people had Superstar or Unleashed but didn't have Hot Date or
Vacation. In just the same way, quite a lot of people haven't bought
University because it didn't appeal to them as a gameplay idea but will buy
Nightlife. In this case, the core game (represented by the sims in the
regular neighbourhood) needs to be the same for each expansion pack so that
you can add on any or all of the expansion packs like bolt-on modules. In
other words, I don't think we'll get a middle age - ever. I'd like that too
but I really don't think it's gonna happen. So, the only way to get your
sims to look more mature is by using face masks and greying hair. The face
mask at Mermaid Cove is very nicely done but then Hairfish always does nice
stuff.

Best wishes
maxon

"janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message

> > "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
> >> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something
> >> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back
> >> in.
> >
> > Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
> > They have middle age masks :)
> > Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualitie
>

> but I want it to be automatic like the other aging.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:17:29 AM

Yeah, like my Skipper is an adult, but has white hair like an elder :)
I absolutely hate the way they made the elders stoop.

>I get the impression from bits and pieces I've read, it would be very
> difficult (programming-wise) to make an extra life stage in the regular
> neighbourhood. When we did get an extra life stage (young adult), it was
> made so that the sim had to exit from the regular neighbourhood and enter
> new one to live through it. I'm guessing this will be because the
> expansion
> packs, as they come, will be independent of one another. In other words,
> you will be able to have one without others, just like you could with Sims
> 1. Many people had Superstar or Unleashed but didn't have Hot Date or
> Vacation. In just the same way, quite a lot of people haven't bought
> University because it didn't appeal to them as a gameplay idea but will
> buy
> Nightlife. In this case, the core game (represented by the sims in the
> regular neighbourhood) needs to be the same for each expansion pack so
> that
> you can add on any or all of the expansion packs like bolt-on modules. In
> other words, I don't think we'll get a middle age - ever. I'd like that
> too
> but I really don't think it's gonna happen. So, the only way to get your
> sims to look more mature is by using face masks and greying hair. The
> face
> mask at Mermaid Cove is very nicely done but then Hairfish always does
> nice
> stuff.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>
> "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Check out http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html
>> > They have middle age masks :)
>> > Along with baggy eyes and other aging qualitie
>>

>> but I want it to be automatic like the other aging.

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:54:51 AM

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in

> I'm with you on this one Janice... I personally think they should have
> a few extra days in each age group and add the middle age. I always
> use the fountain of youth or whatever it's called....

Elixer of Life.

Yup, I'm with you. Middle age doesn't really matter to me because all my
adult sims are on a steady diet of chef salads and Elixer of Life.

I can understand why people who let their sims age would want it. However,
I'm not sure I'd be interested in the expansion that added such a thing.
What would that be like? Sims 2: Golden Years? I'm sure shuffleboard is a
great group activity, though. :)

--------
Saint_Proverbius - "Doing wild stuff since 2001"
RPG Codex - http://www.rpgcodex.com - From Rogues to CRPGs
Tycoon Codex - http://www.tycooncodex.com - Management Simulations
Two pissant sites, one angry mob
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:46:37 PM

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>I would like Sim Teens and kids to be able to use their own desks. They
>>all go to the same one, and if it's taken they plop it on the floor.
>

> Just keep telling them to go to their own desk, after a while they learn :)

Mmmm...what do you mean by "desk"? What desks, other than the furniture
one puts computers on?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

janice wrote:
> 1. Middle age (I hate the fact that they go from looking 20 something to
> being elderly). It looks crazy when you have an adult child move back in.
>
> 2. When Sims are having an affair not to have one sim kiss the other in
> front of their spouse on their own. If the spouse is not around then go for
> it or if they aren't married or engaged.
>
> add your wants here....

I want an energy bar that doesn't just run down in a linear fashion. In
real life, we don't just get more tired. We get bursts of energy and
run on adrenaline. We don't fall asleep in the street ten paces from
our front door when we come home at night.

So I think energy ebb and flow should be tied to how much the Sim's
enjoying what they're doing. Perhaps it could be tied to the aspriation
meter--if you're doing something that fulfills an aspiration, you get
more energy. If you're doing something you hate, you tire and fatigue
more easily. That way it would be more like real life.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Jeanie wrote:
> And if you have
> less than 6 people, I'd like to be able to put the leftovers back in the
> fridge, so children can go get them to stick in the microwave later. Kids
> can do that in RL, why not on the sims?

Yee, LEFTOVERS! Thank you. Why this hasn't been a feature since Sims
1, day 1, is a mystery to me. I hate the fact that food goes "bad"
after just a few hours. What a waste. Parties end with dozens of
dishes with flies buzzing around them.

> I would like parents to be able to read to more than one child at a time, or
> help with homework for all the kids at once, sitting at the kitchen table
> while the parent walks from one to the other, spouting gems of wisdom. <g>

Heck, I wish they'd just fix the "Help with Homework" option so that it
worked more reliably. I find it very hard to get this to work: Sims
easily get distracted after you choose the option, whether it's the
parent Sim going over to something else on the way to help with homework
or the short-attention-spanned child deciding he can't wait for mom to
cross the room and picking up some toy cars to play with instead. I
really have to do battle sometimes to use the "Help with Homework" function.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Heck, I wish they'd just fix the "Help with Homework" option so that
> it worked more reliably. I find it very hard to get this to work:
> Sims easily get distracted after you choose the option, whether it's
> the parent Sim going over to something else on the way to help with
> homework or the short-attention-spanned child deciding he can't wait
> for mom to cross the room and picking up some toy cars to play with
> instead. I really have to do battle sometimes to use the "Help with
> Homework" function.

I totally agree with this. I've had to resort to turning off the auto-sim
thing while trying to get the "Help with Homework" interaction going on a
few occations. What would be really nice is if, instead of an interaction
with the notebook, it were an interaction with the normal social pie menu
so long as they have homework. I don't know how many times I've had an
adult sim walk off to play pool while trying to do the "Help with
Homework" bit only to have to scroll back to the notebook on the other side
of the property just to get them to try again.

--------
Saint_Proverbius - "Doing wild stuff since 2001"
RPG Codex - http://www.rpgcodex.com - From Rogues to CRPGs
Tycoon Codex - http://www.tycooncodex.com - Management Simulations
Two pissant sites, one angry mob
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 2:28:09 AM

Saint Proverbius wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
>

>>Heck, I wish they'd just fix the "Help with Homework" option so that
>>it worked more reliably. I find it very hard to get this to work:
>>Sims easily get distracted after you choose the option, whether it's
>>the parent Sim going over to something else on the way to help with
>>homework or the short-attention-spanned child deciding he can't wait
>>for mom to cross the room and picking up some toy cars to play with
>>instead. I really have to do battle sometimes to use the "Help with
>>Homework" function.
>

> I totally agree with this. I've had to resort to turning off the auto-sim
> thing while trying to get the "Help with Homework" interaction going on a
> few occations. What would be really nice is if, instead of an interaction
> with the notebook, it were an interaction with the normal social pie menu
> so long as they have homework. I don't know how many times I've had an
> adult sim walk off to play pool while trying to do the "Help with
> Homework" bit only to have to scroll back to the notebook on the other side
> of the property just to get them to try again.

On a related note, I've never had a sim kiddie taken away to military
school in this game, no matter how low the grades get. Yet I understand
it's supposed to happen.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Mine didn't get taken to Military school, the Social worker came and took
all the kids, even the ones with good grades. And as far as I know, they
are gone for good.

So when ever I get the message that they have an F and are the worst kid in
school, it is time to move to a new house. That does away with any
unfinished home work and gives them a chance to get their grades up. So far
I have not lost any kids yet!

BD

> Saint Proverbius wrote:
>> Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
>>>Heck, I wish they'd just fix the "Help with Homework" option so that
>>>it worked more reliably. I find it very hard to get this to work:
>>>Sims easily get distracted after you choose the option, whether it's
>>>the parent Sim going over to something else on the way to help with
>>>homework or the short-attention-spanned child deciding he can't wait
>>>for mom to cross the room and picking up some toy cars to play with
>>>instead. I really have to do battle sometimes to use the "Help with
>>>Homework" function.
>>

>> I totally agree with this. I've had to resort to turning off the auto-sim
>> thing while trying to get the "Help with Homework" interaction going on a
>> few occations. What would be really nice is if, instead of an interaction
>> with the notebook, it were an interaction with the normal social pie menu
>> so long as they have homework. I don't know how many times I've had an
>> adult sim walk off to play pool while trying to do the "Help with
>> Homework" bit only to have to scroll back to the notebook on the other
>> side of the property just to get them to try again.
>
> On a related note, I've never had a sim kiddie taken away to military
> school in this game, no matter how low the grades get. Yet I understand
> it's supposed to happen.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:02:17 AM

I thought that was just Sims 1 - in Sims 2 if their grades get too low they
get taken off by the social worker.

Best wishes
maxon

> On a related note, I've never had a sim kiddie taken away to military
> school in this game, no matter how low the grades get. Yet I understand
> it's supposed to happen.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:57:23 AM

bd85tx wrote:
> Mine didn't get taken to Military school, the Social worker came and took
> all the kids, even the ones with good grades. And as far as I know, they
> are gone for good.
>
> So when ever I get the message that they have an F and are the worst kid in
> school, it is time to move to a new house. That does away with any
> unfinished home work and gives them a chance to get their grades up. So far
> I have not lost any kids yet!

Screw that! :-) Let them take the brats. Do you know how hard it is
to refurnish a home?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> bd85tx wrote:
>
>> Mine didn't get taken to Military school, the Social worker came and
>> took all the kids, even the ones with good grades. And as far as I
>> know, they are gone for good.
>>
>> So when ever I get the message that they have an F and are the worst
>> kid in school, it is time to move to a new house. That does away with
>> any unfinished home work and gives them a chance to get their grades
>> up. So far I have not lost any kids yet!
>

> Screw that! :-) Let them take the brats. Do you know how hard it is
> to refurnish a home?

What's the good of that if you have no one to inherit? It's not like you
can adopt 18-year-old Swedish models, like my sweetie keeps suggesting,
whenever I talk about having kids.

-georg
July 30, 2005 6:20:35 AM

> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>> I would like Sim Teens and kids to be able to use their own desks. They
>> all go to the same one, and if it's taken they plop it on the floor.
>
> Just keep telling them to go to their own desk, after a while they learn
> :)

Thank you. My Sim kids are slow learners. They were learning other things.
But, hmm...just like real life they are not big on homework and toss it
around on the floor (LOL).
July 30, 2005 6:22:51 AM

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
>> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I would like Sim Teens and kids to be able to use their own desks. They
>>>all go to the same one, and if it's taken they plop it on the floor.
>>

>> Just keep telling them to go to their own desk, after a while they learn
>> :)
>
> Mmmm...what do you mean by "desk"? What desks, other than the furniture
> one puts computers on?
>
> --
> --Cuth

I was wanting them to put them on the desks that I would also have computers
on. Like a computer has it's own desk, and an empty one would go in each
kids bedroom just for the homework. But a poster just told me they would
learn which desk to put them on.

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 6:23:21 AM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> On a related note, I've never had a sim kiddie taken away to military
> school in this game, no matter how low the grades get. Yet I
> understand it's supposed to happen.

It doesn't happen. The social worker comes and takes all your kids if the
grades of just one of them sinks too low. No military school.

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 7:45:23 AM

Saint Proverbius wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> Heck, I wish they'd just fix the "Help with Homework" option so that
>> it worked more reliably. I find it very hard to get this to work:
>> Sims easily get distracted after you choose the option, whether it's
>> the parent Sim going over to something else on the way to help with
>> homework or the short-attention-spanned child deciding he can't wait
>> for mom to cross the room and picking up some toy cars to play with
>> instead. I really have to do battle sometimes to use the "Help with
>> Homework" function.
>
> I totally agree with this. I've had to resort to turning off the
> auto-sim thing while trying to get the "Help with Homework"
> interaction going on a few occations. What would be really nice is
> if, instead of an interaction with the notebook, it were an
> interaction with the normal social pie menu so long as they have
> homework. I don't know how many times I've had an adult sim walk off
> to play pool while trying to do the "Help with Homework" bit only to
> have to scroll back to the notebook on the other side of the property
> just to get them to try again.
>
> --------
> Saint_Proverbius - "Doing wild stuff since 2001"

I think this has something to do with whether the parent is a knowledge sim
or not, doesn't it?

Jeanie
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:27:02 AM

Gareeth wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>On a related note, I've never had a sim kiddie taken away to military
>>school in this game, no matter how low the grades get. Yet I
>>understand it's supposed to happen.
>

> It doesn't happen. The social worker comes and takes all your kids if the
> grades of just one of them sinks too low. No military school.

Is this a bug or was it intentional?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Is this a bug or was it intentional?

Intentional I presume.

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:15:51 PM

Gareeth wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>Is this a bug or was it intentional?
>

> Intentional I presume.

Brutal!

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Mary wrote:

> I was wanting them to put them on the desks that I would also have computers
> on. Like a computer has it's own desk, and an empty one would go in each
> kids bedroom just for the homework. But a poster just told me they would
> learn which desk to put them on.

You mean the kids put the notebooks on the desks? I never tried
that--just assumed they'd throw them on the floor all the time.

Hmmmm...

--
--Cuth
July 31, 2005 12:41:03 AM

> Mary wrote:
>
>> I was wanting them to put them on the desks that I would also have
>> computers on. Like a computer has it's own desk, and an empty one would
>> go in each kids bedroom just for the homework. But a poster just told me
>> they would learn which desk to put them on.
>
> You mean the kids put the notebooks on the desks? I never tried
> that--just assumed they'd throw them on the floor all the time.
>
> Hmmmm...

LOL. They do it better when they have at least one cleaning skill.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:47:24 AM

> Screw that! :-) Let them take the brats. Do you know how hard it is
> to refurnish a home?

Hah. It's not hard if you have fortune aspiration sims telling you what to
buy for aspiration points. In fact, constantly moving when a fortune sim
has a lot of money is probably a great way to keep them platinum.

Military school would have been a great option, though. If a teenager is
troublesome, you could ship them off as to not bring the social worker in
taking everyone. I'm not quite sure how they'd balance something like that
out, but having a social worker take all the kids without any way of
getting them back is pretty lame.

--------
Saint_Proverbius - "Doing wild stuff since 2001"
RPG Codex - http://www.rpgcodex.com - From Rogues to CRPGs
Tycoon Codex - http://www.tycooncodex.com - Management Simulations
Two pissant sites, one angry mob
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 4:13:33 PM

"Saint Proverbius" <proverbius@NOSPAMrpgcodex.com> wrote in message
> Hah. It's not hard if you have fortune aspiration sims telling you what to
> buy for aspiration points. In fact, constantly moving when a fortune sim
> has a lot of money is probably a great way to keep them platinum.
>
> Military school would have been a great option, though. If a teenager is
> troublesome, you could ship them off as to not bring the social worker in
> taking everyone. I'm not quite sure how they'd balance something like that
> out, but having a social worker take all the kids without any way of
> getting them back is pretty lame.

I don't see why they can't use the same routine they use for the get into
private school. You invite a social worker to your house and impress them
with your child-appropriate home and how hard you're willing to try to get
them back.

It really is quite cruel to take the critters away with no recourse. I
resorted to creating a mock family and adopting in all the kids and adding
to households to do it.

Hint: If you're playing clean, adopt the kids before buying anything for the
house. Otherwise you'll have to wait eons before you can afford adoption.

Sharon
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 7:31:18 PM

Saint Proverbius wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> Screw that! :-) Let them take the brats. Do you know how hard it
>> is to refurnish a home?
>
> Hah. It's not hard if you have fortune aspiration sims telling you
> what to buy for aspiration points. In fact, constantly moving when a
> fortune sim has a lot of money is probably a great way to keep them
> platinum.
>
> Military school would have been a great option, though. If a teenager
> is troublesome, you could ship them off as to not bring the social
> worker in taking everyone. I'm not quite sure how they'd balance
> something like that out, but having a social worker take all the kids
> without any way of getting them back is pretty lame.
>
> --------
> Saint_Proverbius - "Doing wild stuff since 2001"

Well, now if you have University, you can ship the teen off to college the
instant they age transition, if you want to.

Jeanie
!