varun77sports

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Hi,
I am planing to buy H100 and haf-x . Please tell me will I be able to OC my I5-750 to 5.2to 6.6Ghz .Will H100 be able to handle that king of cooling load ????
If not then please give me some advise . My budget is Rs22,000 or $441

Lutfij

Titan
wow!!! thas a lot - is that for you cooling alone? than i thinks it best going for a custom watercooling loop - you'd be surprised with the results you'll get over that crappy H100 :)

XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 kit - if you're cooling the CPU only. You can add more rad later to your loop.

This has been posted in the wrong section - the H100 isn't an aircooler :p :lol: its a pseudo watercooler

Lutfij

Titan
what... :ouch: do you intend to run two machine's with that 1KW PSU? First time i've seen a person swap an old PSU with one thas rated at double the prev output.

FYI - a lil scouting on other hardcore overclocking threads - the i5-750 can be pushed to a max of 3.9 GHz depending on vrm/mosfet/power delivery/board build quality and the cooling used i.e : aircooling/watercooling 4GHz if you tweak it to the bleeding edge. 5.2GHz is simple ridonkulous

beginning to think its a troll :p

varun77sports

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
I am already using the power supply at its peak and if I OC the CPU yo 5200Mhz then the power consumption for CPU only will be around 250W .And If I take a higher SMPS then it will help me if I want to change my GPU in future

Lutfij

Titan
yeah but 1KW - or do you intend to run an LN2 setup with your cards on a dry ice block which are in tri-sli?

honestly - 5.2GHz is for someone running their mobo's on n LN2 test/overlcocking bench. and that isn't possible for the faintest of hearted mobo's

I'm curious though what is your current setup ... or future setup specs?

varun77sports

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Hi,
I am using the normal Intel fan but I am planing to go for some big . and I have reached 4.2Ghz stable .But at that time room temp was around 17C. and usually my room temp. is 26 to 28 C.
That is why I was thinking to go for H100 .But now think a elf made setup out of AC radiator will be mush better and cheaper .
What do u all think ??

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think what we are trying to tell you is that your ambitions are more hardware limited than thermal limiting. I think you really need to do a lot more research before blindly stating that you are going to hit some mark on the wall just because you slap on a LCS cooler, think that 'it's watercooling' and it will fix everything. No, sorry, you are wrong. We are trying to get you realize that besides a lot of heat that will need to be removed via phase or LN2 or helium, you still have to have top notch components all the way around in order to get these speeds...and they aren't something you are going to be able to run 24/7...you realize this, correct?

There is a HUGE difference in 4.2ghz and 5.2ghz...thinking you will get more is absurd. There are limitations on how fast hardware can actually run...

varun77sports

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
I understand that .
My CPU is not a very high end CPU .and I saw a celron CPU with around 7or 8Ghz (I don't exactly remember it ) on the top 10 CPU list according to frequency . and OC is all about reaking new boundaries of frequency .
Isn't it ?

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

CPU Extreme OC are for people who can reach highest Frequency... If you get 9GHz+, your rich.... SIKE!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You have to remember- instruction set processed per clock cycle is more powerful than speed alone. This is why a lower speed, current gen i7 (with 3 cores disabled) will vastly out perform a single core P4 from 5 years ago. People don't understand- the clock speed race died out several years ago...now its all about computing power per clock cycle.