mayu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Hi Guyz any help would be greatly welcomed. I have Dell XPS 700 with the original mother board. The memory that came with the computer is "DDR2-667 (PC2-5300)" and I have 4.0GB of that installed right now. I recently upgraded my CPU from a Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz to Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66Ghz and the performance is stunning very impressed with this processor. I also have a GTX 280 OC version, now I am thinking to upgrade the Memory (RAM). I know that my computer takes DDR2 memory but I don't know which one to get that will give a great boost, links of the name of a particular memory anything that will help. The motherboard that I have is the Nvidia 590-SLI. I have heard that there are specific Memory made for branded computers like Dell XPS 700 and so. Kindly also if anyone knows if this is true or not I don't know or any DDR2 memory will work for my computer.

Thankyou

Solution
What do you expect to accomplish with a memory upgrade? If you are running at stock clocks, you will see no increase in speed. If you can overclock, you can run your CPU at 3.3 GHz and still stay within your memory's capability.

My opinion, a memory upgrade for speed is not worth it.
What do you expect to accomplish with a memory upgrade? If you are running at stock clocks, you will see no increase in speed. If you can overclock, you can run your CPU at 3.3 GHz and still stay within your memory's capability.

My opinion, a memory upgrade for speed is not worth it.

Solution

mayu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

BTW I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition. An Increase from 4.0GB to 8.0GB will have absolutely no effect at all? and also I can't over clock my CPU more that 2.9GHz it has locked multiplyers "Q6700" I dont have the Intel Extreme Edition QX6700. I don't know why I cant overclock more. At 2.9GHz my CPU Temp goes to only 35 'C and usually and stock speed 2.6GHz its 29 'C to 30 'C. Any advice on this matter as well I would really appreciate.

Thank you