LCD Screen blurry after graphics card upgrade

PervertedJustice

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I just upgraded my graphics card and my screen is oversized and blurry. I removed the old drivers, turned off the pc put in my new video card (GeForce GTX 285 OCX) booted the pc back up and ran the driver installation I got off the nvidia website (this one in particular - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.62_whql.html) rebooted again, changed my resolution back to the normal resolution I've always run at and have the blurry oversized display. Any thoughts?

PervertedJustice

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
It's not just the font that's messed up, the screen itself is no longer sized right. I skipped right over the disc that came with the card and just ran the newest download for my card from nvidia, would this cause any issues such as these.

Hmmm this is bringing back memories when I bought my BFG 8800 GTX OC... Nvidia new GPU were badly designed for video streaming and I was having my right top corner with speed overlaying...

And they still get rendering problems now?

For now, try older NVidia drivers. Try the next most recent and work backwards.

Make sure DPI scaling is off and that your refresh rate is correct. Do you have DRIVERS for the monitor?

Go into the NVidia interface and make sure it's not stretching (I don't know the section). There should be three different choices.

Other:
Try running a tool to uninstall and clean up NVidia drivers then reinstall the latest driver.

PervertedJustice

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone, gonna get this going tonight one way or another :). I'm going to try removing the drivers with a tool and reinstalling the latest first then going from there if that doesn't work. I'm hoping the old removal/new install didn't take properly.

nvidia control panel........manage custom resolutions........force high def res..( check box )....create..........advanced............timing standard/DMT

in the advanced you can try and set your own and "auto" may help but the old way is to use DMT.

............ after you make your changes you have to hit "test" up in the corner......... that's about all I can remember....... hopefully there's enough info here to get you on your way.

PervertedJustice

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Thanks, but that link a few posts up where you modify the .inf file did the trick. Hope this comes up for people with the same problem and they see the link. I was really getting frustrated with this.

MAC_33

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

Thanks for the link mate this worked for me also. :)