I5 2500K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 overclock help

EMINENT

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I've read someone here state test Prime for an hour and then lower vcore if no bsod.

I've also read to go a few hours to be truly stable. I've tried doing this overnight several times now with different settings.

I have a Hyper 212 Plus and temps are 60-70 under load with blend.

So far, i've been running into a wall at around 4 hours with a bsod reading usually 0x124 with these popping up on bluescreenview:

ntoskrnl.exe
hal.dll

I've read that 124 usually means more vcore so i'm up to 1.37 last time it failed with no LLC.

I've updated all chipset drivers and deleted some ones listed as xeon in device manager as I didn't think they were relevant to my system. Uninstalled 2 .net framework entries in programs and all traces of ATI/AMD video drivers/software from the previous laptop this drive was in.

I'm beginning to think that I should give up and leave it oc'd without the test. I really don't do anything except some minor video editing every once in a while and now music production which is kinda important. It's usually stable for at least a few hours until it restarts on it's own.

EMINENT

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
CPUZ is showing my vcore at 1.116

I thought I had set it at 1.38. Is this because of vdroop and not enabling an LLC level? Could this be the cause of the bsod?

If so, if I enable LLC, will I see this vcore rise accordingly with the level of LLC I set?