Tags:
  • Asus
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Desktops
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2010 1:06:38 PM

Hello,
I am sitting with pretty big problem, I was supplied with a desktop pc that needs to run windows 2008! The PC is not capable wjhat motherboard can I use with a Quad processor that can handle Server 2008. thanks

More about : desktop motherboard windows server 2008

February 12, 2010 1:08:38 PM

johnpiers said:
Hello,
I am sitting with pretty big problem, I was supplied with a desktop pc that needs to run windows 2008! The PC is not capable wjhat motherboard can I use with a Quad processor that can handle Server 2008. thanks

Sorry forgot to mention it must also be capable of hardware RAID
March 25, 2010 7:18:03 AM

Don't know if you had any success (feedback will be welcome) but I tried the MSI Memory Lover board without joy (intermittent bsod), went and bought a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR and updated the BIOS to ver. F7. Runs sweet so far...Supports hardware RAID. On installation the systems takes a few seconds more to go to the next step(s) initially (?) (slower than my MSI board) but soon it responds to the following installation screens normal...and it's not due to the 2 physical hdd's (RAID 1) sync'ing either. Weird, but happy so far, oh yes, download the chipset drivers for Windows 2008 from the Intel website...chipsets....series 4 (P45) etc. etc.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 309 V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 12:41:44 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- What is the use of the rig? LAN server? Domain server?
2- Any mobo that can support a quad-core, support RAID. But if you want a better RAID management is better that u use a RAID controller card.
3- What specific processor and RAM do u have?, with that information we can find a mobo for your needs.
!