Getting Static & Crackling noise out of my monitors

rocknje

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
Hey everyone,

I am having problems with static and crackling sound coming out of my speakers. I am using a brand new built computer. The motherboard I am using is the Gigabyte x58 UD5P for the Intel Core i7. If you need any more info on my computer specs I will add if needed.

I am not sure if it is a faulty I/O audio ports on the motherboard or not. I did a test on my old computer and I did not get any of the static and crackling sound.

So, with that said, is there something wrong with the motherboard's I/O sound ports? Do I need to upgrade a bios or driver? I did try plugging the speaker connector in all of the I/O ports and I only get sound out of the bottom middle green one.

I did try playing with the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, but I still couldn't get rid of that pesky static & crackling noise. Due to my experience, I am not sure what to do next.

Thank you all for your help.

rocknje

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009

Thank you for your reply. I did, I used them on my 4.5 year old computer that I built before and I don't have this problem at all.

No wireless card. It has to be the motherboard, because I have updated drivers for the onboard sound and played with settings. I even went through with Gigabyte tech support and they couldn't help.

If I can't find the answer by Monday I am going to RMA it.