Need Cooling Help

krazypoe

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Hey all - I had a few questions I need a little help on regarding cooling.

First things first - How hot should a computer that is water cooled and have 4 fans get? Mine is getting to around 50 C.

Next - Do I need to change the water coolant in my computer from time to time? I haven't changed it in about 2 years.

How would I go about cooling my system significantly? - unfortunately I am in a room in the house that gets a little stuffy and am unable to relocate. Adding fans - I feel would just recirculate the already hot air.

** I have purchased a huge 32 in fan and have it blowing straight into my computer and it seems to not effect the temp at all. **

This is the case I have currently.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108092

Thanks fer yur time ~~

Depends how good the liquid cooling system it, the temperature depends on how efficient the blocks and radiators are. What processor do you have? If that 50 is at load its pretty good. Having the fan blowing into the computer when you have a liquid cooling system wont do you any good, all of the heat dissipation occurs at the radiator, if you want to reduce your system temps get a better radiator or improve airflow through your radiator.

As it only has an exhaust fan pulling air through it, you want to check and see if you can either increase that fan speed, get a higher CFM fan, or put another fan on the inside of the radiator that pushes the air through it, that will help improve the airflow. Looking at the case design you also want to make sure you have plenty of cool air being drawn into the case.