3.66GB NVIDIA Driver?

sandivin

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I bought a HP dv7 with the 9600m gt graphics card, while I was in the uninstall program window looking at the bloat ware that I wanted to delete I noticed that the NVIDIA Drivers section was listed as 3.66GB in size.

Is that normal for drivers, for NVIDIA, or HP?

OS is Vista 64 Home Premium, CPU core2 8600, have Adobe CS3 master suit, Toad Mysql, Steam gaming system, and enterprise office with Visio and VB 2007. NVIDIA PhysX size is 119MB for compression.

Solution
When the actual drivers are installed (not the file you download), they usually come to around 2-4 GB. That is perfectly normal, especially with a nVidia chipset.

sandivin

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks for the info, was worried I might have a virus/bot on my new laptop. Now I can rest at ease again.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

check on: control panel > add/remove programs (if xp) or programs and featuresif vista) > look for nvidia driver. i doubt thats 700mb.

one can only wonder the amount of bloatware nvidia puts on your pc.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

-You're right, sorry I meant to say its actually 706mb :)

-On a serious note, my doctor told me my vision is 20x20.

one easy way to know how much space the driver actually eat if can't trust what the control panel shows in add/remove section. just compare the difference between disk space before and after the driver is installed though you might have to delete your restore point saved point :D

Latest posts