VGA cooler for HAF X causing more heat?

Sovelin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Usually when I have my gfx card run at stock (or even OC) speeds, it gets below 40C for idle (usually low 30s, like 32), and 75 max when oc'd while under full load. I installed the vga cooler with a 120mm fan to keep the card even cooler. I returned the card to stock settings, and I'm idling at 68, which is worrisome. What is going on? Is the fan blowing the wrong way?

Solution
if the direction of the wind gushed into the heatsink
must be true, maybe too much thermal paste so it
can not absorb the heat? And Sure your cooler secure properly ?
or it could just round the fan is not as fast as
stock heatsink fan, if the above information has been done and the problem persists, try back again with stock fan heatsink (of course noticed the thermal paste, not too thick)
if the direction of the wind gushed into the heatsink
must be true, maybe too much thermal paste so it
can not absorb the heat? And Sure your cooler secure properly ?
or it could just round the fan is not as fast as
stock heatsink fan, if the above information has been done and the problem persists, try back again with stock fan heatsink (of course noticed the thermal paste, not too thick)

Solution

Sovelin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks for the reply. I didn't use any thermal paste. The fan isn't in contact with the GPU, just right in front of it. Anyway, I confused the front sticker for a back one and the fan was blowing the wrong way. I fixed it now, and the GPU runs 34 degrees cooler. Makes a HUGE difference!