750i debug code ff to 60 black screen 4 pin 8 pin issue.

wolfspiritp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
New build.. and ooops i did not have a 8 pin power pin for the xfx750i nforce mobo.. I am trying to use the 4 pin until the adapter comes in.. Can i.. 800mhz 2 gig ram, e7500 cpu, 9500gt video card.. I get ff then 60 on debug led...I have taken out ram got the board screaming.. Disconnected h drive etc all the usual.. still black screen no post.. could the board just be underpowered until i get the 8 pin adapter.. 5 80mm fans in triglon case. 600 watt psu. cpu, fan and mobo, case new. hdrive, dvd, psu used out of old. got a 580watt new one coming but no 8 pin argh. everything comes on. fans, lights etc. hdd spins.. got a blue light and red light by hdd and pwrswitch leds on board as well. Don't want to melt anything.. I hope its a simple thing just waiting one the 8 pin adapter.. Help appreciated.

wolfspiritp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Ok i went to bestbuy and bought the right power supply 650w corsair for 100.00 with all the right pins. My vidieo card does not take the 6 pin and no place to plug 6 pin at.. I still get the same error 60..... on debug led. I NEED HELP>>>>> does anyone know the heck the problem is... It was a brand new 750i nforce from tiger direct with b rand new cpu i took all precautions. still wearing wrist strap...

wolfspiritp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
IN THE END IT IS THE MOBO... after spending 300 today (making sure i can take stuff back and reading r454 light led... If you get a 750i and ff to 60 comes on. your motherboard has a socket issue. Numerous of them have... I figured it out... but was just hoping it wasnt.. IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD MOBO>.direct from tigerdirect brand new.