LDA

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I am starting my research into the building of a new gamming computer. Have spent most of today reading reviews at Newegg about problems people are having with motherboards. On the surface it appears there is Not a motherboard worth the money the manufactures are charging. Is it truely a crap shoot now? I built a low end PIII that is Still running fine today, which was a Gigabyte board. As I said I am building this for gamming, so is there one board that stands above the rest?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
what platform, Intel or AMD?

I have always used ASUS boards, no problems yet...

The way i look at things, out of 100 motherboards sold by a company, you may see 7-10 bad reviews, the rest of them don't take time to put in good reviews because they are busy enjoying their perfectly working product.

Now, out of those 7-10 bad reviews, 2 can be user preference, 2 can be legitimately bad motherboards, 4 will be because the user is a blatant moron and does not know how to properly replace a motherboard.

LDA

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010

LOL...I have to agree...just trying to get some feedback....like I said...I walked into the store bought the board....installed and it has been running ever since then....just seemed like a lot of people having issues....Thanks for the reply and have a great weekend....Ooh I am going the Intel route.