University - GPA

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2005 1:04:30 PM

Something fishy going on.

I've had University for a while, no real major problem with it.

I recently got me a new machine, installed TS2 and University, and copied
everything under my old machine's My Documents to it. I didn't get much of
a chance to play the game until last night.

First thing I notice after starting a new character in University: my sim
ended the first semester with an A+, I got the $1200, but immediately after
getting the money I got another message saying I got a D- and my sim's on
probation.

I didn't make much of it. Then when the following semester finished, same
thing, I got an A+, got the $1200, but got another message and a C- this
time...

I've played about a dozen sims from start to finish in University on my old
machine and never encountered this...nor do I recall seeing any message here
discussing this.

Thoughts?

More about : university gpa

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:01:21 AM

Homer J. Simpson wrote:I didn't make much of it. Then when the following
semester finished, same thing, I got an A+, got the $1200, but got
another message and a C- this time...

Well,sometimes,when a sim finishes a exam,the new class may start before
he gets back to the lot..When he get's back from a exam,it would be a
good idea to see what the class time is.

Munch.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:36:30 AM

Homer J. Simpson wrote:
> Something fishy going on.
>
> I've had University for a while, no real major problem with it.
>
> I recently got me a new machine, installed TS2 and University, and copied
> everything under my old machine's My Documents to it. I didn't get much of
> a chance to play the game until last night.
>
> First thing I notice after starting a new character in University: my sim
> ended the first semester with an A+, I got the $1200, but immediately after
> getting the money I got another message saying I got a D- and my sim's on
> probation.
>
> I didn't make much of it. Then when the following semester finished, same
> thing, I got an A+, got the $1200, but got another message and a C- this
> time...
>
> I've played about a dozen sims from start to finish in University on my old
> machine and never encountered this...nor do I recall seeing any message here
> discussing this.
>
> Thoughts?

It's a bug. Not sure what causes it, so I won't suggest that you
reinstall or anything. Essentially, for some reason the transition
between the two semesters gets screwed up, so that when your sim
returns from the exam, there's a brief moment right after your sim has
entered the next semester where the game perceives your sim's final
exam as currently ongoing. So one game minute later, you get the
message that your sim didn't attend the exam and now has a C+ or a D-
or what have you, based on the sim's GPA up to that point, and your sim
advances *another* semester.

There's a patch at Modthesims2 or at Various Simmers that fixes this
problem. If it's the latter, I think TwoJeffs was the guy who made it.