Which direction should air travel from cpu water cooler

Putts

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Hi there i have just bought a pre built system from overclokers.co.uk i7 920.... its has a OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler, which has only come with one fan? first i am thinking this needs two fans one either side of the radiator? and i asume air flowing from inside the case out? the problem is the cpu is hitting 90c idle so i know its not working properly! someone help me!

ciarlatano

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
The typical setup has the fan set as an exhaust, but that is the least of your problems. Even with the fan not running you shouldn't be seeing those temps. Either the contact base is not seated properly or your pump isn't running. Check your connections to make sure the pump is plugged in and working. I'm not familiar with the cooler, does it have software to monitor it?

Putts

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Wow thanks for your quick replys! Turns out the pump wasent working....... they are sending me another tmw! hopefully just in time for bf3 uk release in uk friday!
This is the cooler https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-006-CS
they had used it as their own brand. Does anyone have this cooler? The system shut down wile i was installing windows 7, this is when i checked the bios tempuatures and saw the temp hitting 90c, i rekon it was only at this temp for a matter of seconds before shut down which happend maybe 10 times wile i made adjustments to the cooler? do you think there will be lasting damage to the cpu?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The CPU and motherboard are designed to shut down when they reach thermal threshold. You might ask them if they will just RMA the entire system since the cooler was deemed to be broken. No sense in getting a brand new system and only have them replace a single part...maybe make them replace the entire system. That being said, I doubt there is any permanent damage, but I personally would want them to make it 100% right by sending you a replacement.