First time watercooling, need help

G

I read the FAQ and know that the all in one things are usually a bad idea, but would there be any negatives to getting this koolance pump and resovoir combo?

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1177

The system I'm going to build will have an intel 970 and sli 580's in an Obsidian 800D. I think besides that combo all I need besides that is the tubes, the radiator, and the waterblocks.

I'm planning on using thisfor the cpu

The 580's I am using will be the hydro copper versions, with the built in blocks

Lastly for the radiator, I am thinking about this which would go on top of the case where the mounting area is

I think those are the basic parts I need for watercooling as long as I got everything right
However, I have a few questions

How does setting up the tubes work? Is it as simple as putting the barbs in each thing (GPU, the Resovoir/Pump combo, CPU) and then putting the tubing into those? Also, what size tubing/barbs do I need (And do I need different size tubing/barbs for each different component)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It's a good pump that's used: PMP400 is the Laing DDC, otherwise known as the MCP350 or 355 (depending on which exact version).

Rad is fine.

Tubing is a matter of preference. You are going to need at least one barb or fitting for each inlet/outlet being used and they need to match the ID of the tubing being used. There is some info in the sticky on tubing and fitting/barb sizes.