Where does "Chiphell" get all their info from?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Regarding all the "premiums" they've had about the HD 5xxx series. Is this the latest case of successful Chinese industrial espionage or are they just talking out of their asses and making up all of those "facts and figures" as they go along?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I thought AMD chips were made in Germany, but even if they were made in China, how does that explain Chiphell saying they have benchmarks, sure some factory worker could have made photos, or an engineer could've leaked some specs, but what about the benchmarks?

brandonvi

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
companys like ATI AMD intel and Nvidia all hand out there new stuff as much as 1-2 months to these websites like chiphell and tomshardware and tell them to test it and you cant say anything about it till ____ day

Well we passed that day for the pic and other info we got we will get more later but for now you have to wait

if you read the thing about the I5 and I7 p55 processers that came out just like last week the day they cameout Tomshardware had 3 articles out about them and in atleast one place they said they had been testing them for months

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Then why don't Toms Hardware, Guru3D, Hardocp, etc... made their benchmarks available? I think the non-disclosure date hasn't passed yet and therefore Chiphell would be in violation of their contract (which would cause ATI to shun them.)

brandonvi

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
no idea maybe ATI does not like tomshardware or somthing there could be a 1000 different reasons the NDA could say it in a way that is confusing and made those other sites think they had to wait till the cards came out or maybe the sites where not happy with just puting up what honestly seems like 1/2 assed info like chiphell did

brandonvi

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
i am just wondering after i looked i could not find anything other then pic of the card and a few things i think that were talking about some of the hardware but no benchmarks at all can you make a link to the benchmarks your talking about Gulli

Chiphell isn't being given cards by ATi/AMD, they do shun them, they are being given cards/pics/info by Chinese OEM partner employees. This is nothing new.

Sites that get given hardware have strong NDAs as well as governments and legal systems to enforce them, China has little to no such infrastructure to protect IP, so they don't get official launch parts, just these leaks.

Chiphell's info being "1/2assed" could be because they dont participate in the NDA like a legitimate reviewer and instead snag bits of info here and there from whomever they can get to talk.