GTX 580 Hydro copper ftw 2 water cooling

speedykiller

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hey guys,

i have 0 experience in water cooling

i dont know anything about it

and i wanna get the GTX 580 FTW2 but i need tubes and water and other stuff to water cool it that i dont know anything about :D

so i went to amazon digging up some stuff and i found CPU coolers only so:
1- does that work with this beautiful beast gtx 580 ftw2 ?

2- and also what brands do u recommend also links to amazon plz <3 ?

3- also can someone explain some stuff about water cooling to me ? like can i get a CPU cooler and cool CPU + GPU or only GPU

and im getting this card cuz im not planing on upgrading my pc any time soon so i will be over clocking it in the near future ^^

and pardon me English is not my native language

Hiya.

Water cooling something like that is going to require some work on your part. There is a lot to learn and we can't really just explain it to you. There are too many informed decisions required by you in order to do it.

I doubt you will find the parts you need at Amazon. Do you live in the US?

Anyway start here with this sticky:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265776-29-watercooling-info-faqs-links-stickies

That should help you get started. Once you understand the basics and still want to do this, I'll be happy to help.

As far as I know the only way to cool that GPU is with a custom loop. You need, at minimum, tubes, a radiator, fans, and a pump. A reservoir is also good.

With custom loops you can do anything. You can add a CPU block, more radiators, whatever.

You will need to figure out how many watts the GPU and CPU (if you add that) are pushing to know how much radiator you need, and on top of that, you can use different sizes of radiators depending on the fan's air flow.

So yeah... better start reading some guides :)

speedykiller

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
yeah thanks for the quick replies guys!! ^^
im reading the guides now looks like a lot of work ^^
but about the prices how much is it gonna cost me for only the GPU ? around 200$+- maybe?

btw -im from egypt, but i have a relative coming soon from the US so i can get my stuff from the US if i cant find it here ^^-

I replaced the link to extremesystems with that one, thanks.