Finished mini dvd missing some of the sections recorded on the disk

tfphoto

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I recorded 10 sections on the mini-DVR and finalized the disk. I can still see all 10 sections on the camera, but only one shows up on other dvd players/computer. How do I retreive other sections?

Did you use a DVD rewritable disc? If not then that is your problem; you created a disc that is multi-session and not very compatible with other devices.

If you DID use a rewritable then you might need to perform a step called "make compatible" before you finalize.

tfphoto

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

This was a borrowed unit, and I used the DVD-R discs that I was told to use. The manual doesn't explain what you just did. So now what? Is there a way to retrieve the other 9 sessions? I tried to "unfinalized" the disk, but the camera, predictably, advised me that I can't perform that function on a read only disk.

There are two possibilities now:

1. There might be a special driver that can be installed from the camcorder software disc onto your PC that can read the other sessions.

2. You can transfer the video directly from the camcorder to your PC by a Firewire or USB connection, whichever the camcorder supports.

tfphoto

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks, Phil. Tried both of those. Video transfer, at least through the USB port, did exactly the same thing as putting the disk into a DVD player--big blue screen and only one session. It's only when I watch through the viewfinder on the camera that I get all 10 sessions. That's how I know they're still on the disk.