Dining with boolProp

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I use the snapObjects cheat to center dining tables, and when the game
returns to Live mode, the dining chairs slide themselves into formation.
Usually, one side of the table's chairs are useable and the other side can
only be too close or too far away, causing Sims to eat in their laps or sit
somewhere else. Sims are waving their arms at me if directed to sit in one
of the affected chairs. Any ideas as to why this happens and if it can be
fixed? Thanks for any help or info.

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
6 answers Last reply
More about dining boolprop
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    SeaShel wrote:
    > I use the snapObjects cheat to center dining tables, and when the game
    > returns to Live mode, the dining chairs slide themselves into formation.
    > Usually, one side of the table's chairs are useable and the other side can
    > only be too close or too far away, causing Sims to eat in their laps or sit
    > somewhere else. Sims are waving their arms at me if directed to sit in one
    > of the affected chairs. Any ideas as to why this happens and if it can be
    > fixed? Thanks for any help or info.

    The chairs and the table like to be on the grid. You will have this
    trouble with things on an angle too.

    I have trouble some times if the end by a wall too, or the center chair
    of 3.

    -georg
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    It's very difficult to get the chairs lined up
    correctly when you use that cheat on the table.
    I don't think I've ever gotten all the chairs
    to slide in correctly. Usually there's one that
    gives me trouble. Unfortunately, I've never found
    a way to fix it except to keep fiddling with the
    chairs, or give up on using the cheat for that
    furniture...

    Laura
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    SeaShel wrote:
    > I use the snapObjects cheat to center dining tables, and when the game
    > returns to Live mode, the dining chairs slide themselves into
    > formation. Usually, one side of the table's chairs are useable and
    > the other side can only be too close or too far away, causing Sims to
    > eat in their laps or sit somewhere else. Sims are waving their arms
    > at me if directed to sit in one of the affected chairs. Any ideas as
    > to why this happens and if it can be fixed? Thanks for any help or
    > info.
    >
    > ---
    > Michelle

    I don't think you can use that cheat on the table and still have the sims
    eat at it. It's the same with the bar-counters in the kitchen. I usually
    use that cheat to slide the counters closer to the ones along the wall (when
    making a breakfast bar) and close up the gap. You have to use the cheat
    again to place the bar stools, but so far they have only been for show in
    any house I've done that in. The sims refuse to sit at them.

    Jeanie
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Jeanie wrote:
    > SeaShel wrote:
    >> I use the snapObjects cheat to center dining tables, and when the
    >> game returns to Live mode, the dining chairs slide themselves into
    >> formation. Usually, one side of the table's chairs are useable and
    >> the other side can only be too close or too far away, causing Sims to
    >> eat in their laps or sit somewhere else. Sims are waving their arms
    >> at me if directed to sit in one of the affected chairs. Any ideas as
    >> to why this happens and if it can be fixed? Thanks for any help or
    >> info.
    >>
    >> ---
    >> Michelle
    >
    > I don't think you can use that cheat on the table and still have the
    > sims eat at it. It's the same with the bar-counters in the kitchen.
    > I usually use that cheat to slide the counters closer to the ones
    > along the wall (when making a breakfast bar) and close up the gap.
    > You have to use the cheat again to place the bar stools, but so far
    > they have only been for show in any house I've done that in. The
    > sims refuse to sit at them.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Thanks everyone, for the replies and help. At least they will eat in their
    laps and sit near the table sometimes! :)

    Happy simming...

    ---
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    SeaShel wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    > > SeaShel wrote:
    > >> I use the snapObjects cheat to center dining tables, and when the
    > >> game returns to Live mode, the dining chairs slide themselves into
    > >> formation. Usually, one side of the table's chairs are useable and
    > >> the other side can only be too close or too far away, causing Sims to
    > >> eat in their laps or sit somewhere else. Sims are waving their arms
    > >> at me if directed to sit in one of the affected chairs. Any ideas as
    > >> to why this happens and if it can be fixed? Thanks for any help or
    > >> info.
    > >>
    > >> ---
    > >> Michelle
    > >
    > > I don't think you can use that cheat on the table and still have the
    > > sims eat at it. It's the same with the bar-counters in the kitchen.
    > > I usually use that cheat to slide the counters closer to the ones
    > > along the wall (when making a breakfast bar) and close up the gap.
    > > You have to use the cheat again to place the bar stools, but so far
    > > they have only been for show in any house I've done that in. The
    > > sims refuse to sit at them.
    > >
    > > Jeanie
    >

    > Thanks everyone, for the replies and help. At least they will eat in their
    > laps and sit near the table sometimes! :)
    >
    > Happy simming...
    >
    > ---
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

    I do it this way. First I have the sim's sit at the table to eat(this
    makes sure I get the animations correct) or at the desk on the computer
    then I turn on the cheat moveobjects on as well as the snap to grid
    one, then I just place them while there in action, using the animations
    as a guide. I have found this works well for me.
    Another way I do it, is after placing the chair where I think it should
    go I tell the Sim to sit in it, and keep adjusting it until he can.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    JulyRaine wrote:
    > SeaShel wrote:
    >> Jeanie wrote:

    >>> I don't think you can use that cheat on the table and still have the
    >>> sims eat at it. It's the same with the bar-counters in the kitchen.
    >>> I usually use that cheat to slide the counters closer to the ones
    >>> along the wall (when making a breakfast bar) and close up the gap.
    >>> You have to use the cheat again to place the bar stools, but so far
    >>> they have only been for show in any house I've done that in. The
    >>> sims refuse to sit at them.
    >>>
    >>> Jeanie
    >>

    >> Thanks everyone, for the replies and help. At least they will eat
    >> in their laps and sit near the table sometimes! :)
    >>
    >> Happy simming...
    >>
    >> ---
    >> Michelle
    >> (SeaShel)
    >>
    >> free the fish to reply
    >
    > I do it this way. First I have the sim's sit at the table to eat(this
    > makes sure I get the animations correct) or at the desk on the
    > computer then I turn on the cheat moveobjects on as well as the snap
    > to grid one, then I just place them while there in action, using the
    > animations as a guide. I have found this works well for me.
    > Another way I do it, is after placing the chair where I think it
    > should go I tell the Sim to sit in it, and keep adjusting it until he
    > can.

    I did mess around with directing them to Sit and such but it got old quick
    and I gave up on it...your idea of doing it while they are in the midst of
    the action is a good one...thank you! I will try it the next time I play.

    ---
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply