Dysania

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hi guys,

I recently got my Phenom II x3 720 cpu and Biostar 870 Motherboard, and right away, I was excited to OC/unlock it.

I successfully unlocked the 4th core with Biostar's core unlocking feature in the bios, and OC'd it to 3.2Ghz on all 4 cores at 1.4V.

I've ran Prime95 and Speedfan overnight for two nights, and it seems stable, but I'm wondering if my temps are okay.

At idle, it runs at 25-30 degrees celsius, and on full load on prime95 its around 39-45 degrees celsius.

Just wondering if my temps are okay and if I can push it any further; I'm hoping maybe 3.5ghz?

Also, I'm using a Coolermaster TX3.

Thanks!

Solution
Those temps are very good and I do believe you could push for more with little difficulty.

I have a Spire Thermax Eclipse II and I idle at 28C and Load at around 40C. I am at 3.6Ghz with my 720BE, but I am not able to achieve stability at any higher frequencies regardless of voltages or other tweaks. I am stuck with an 800Mhz OC. Hopefully you could achieve better, but this is typical for the 720BE.

I required a little extra voltage to edge past 3.5Ghz, again this is typical for Phenom II CPUs.
Those temps are very good and I do believe you could push for more with little difficulty.

I have a Spire Thermax Eclipse II and I idle at 28C and Load at around 40C. I am at 3.6Ghz with my 720BE, but I am not able to achieve stability at any higher frequencies regardless of voltages or other tweaks. I am stuck with an 800Mhz OC. Hopefully you could achieve better, but this is typical for the 720BE.

I required a little extra voltage to edge past 3.5Ghz, again this is typical for Phenom II CPUs.

Solution