DDR2 1066 running at 800 on M4N72-E mobo with 550BE

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get my DDR2 to run at its 1066 rating. I have the latest Asus BIOS and have it set to auto for memory speed. If I manually set BIOS to 1066 and run memtest, one of my cpu cores fails almost immediately (which I assume is not the cores fault but a data transfer issue). I think I read somewhere that in order for DDR2 to run at 1066, its voltage needs to be set at about 2 V (I believe my setting is at 1.9 V). Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions/answers!
2 answers Last reply
More about ddr2 1066 running m4n72 mobo 550be
  1. go to the ASUS website and see if the memory is on the QVL list, ASUS MB's are picky about their memory
  2. I did that prior to buying the memory and it's on my mobo's QVL. Since it is Corsair Dominator type, I visited Corsair's website after posting here to see if there might be additional info there, which there is. I tried following what I found there and was able to bump it up to 1066, but everytime I try running Memtest I get the BSOD after approximately 10% of RAM tested. I bumped the speed back down to 800 and re-ran Memtest only to have it fail again, but I think I got closer to 13% before It went to BSOD. I need to run each stick seperately to see if I have a bad stick, just haven't had time yet.

On a side note, somewhere along the line of playing with my BIOS settings I managed to unlock my Phenom II X2 550BE because now when I read my system using nVidia System Monitor or CPU-Z, it tells me my processor is a Phenom II X4. So after I get my memory issue figured out I will be able to start playing with oc'ing with my processor.

I'll follow up on what I discover concerning my memory here and will try and remember what I did to unlock my cpu cores and post that info in the appropriate forum.

Being new to BYOPC and oc'ing, I appreciate the help received here and in other forums located on this website. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus DDR2 BIOS Motherboards