NVidia 9500 GT making computer not boot / no bios boot NOTHING

bauer5266

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
This is ridiculous. :pfff: Ok, here goes... my setup:

Motherboard: Biostar G31M7TE Intel G31 Socket 775 Motherboard

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.6Ghz 2M 800Mhz 775

RAM: Kingston 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x2048)

Harddrive: WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G

PSU/Power Supply: ModXStream Pro 500 Watt ATX EPS12V Modular Power Supply

Video Card: PNY GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, (Dual Link) DVI, HDTV, VGA

O/S: Windows XP Pro SP3

Issue:
So I get my barebones from TigerDirect, hook it up. Everything works fine. I can boot into windows using the onboard video. I also ordered a PNY 9500 GT from TigerDirect. (Love Tiger) So, I get it unwrapped, stopped drooling and put it in the PCI-E slot. Press the power button and NOTHING. ........
......... the power is on, all fans are working, the video cards fan is working, power supply is working, everything is powered on, nothing is happening. No bios boot, no windows, no nothing.

I have tried MANY MANY MANY things to get this card to do SOMETHING and still it won't boot the bios.

Upgraded the bios first thing. NOTHING

Tried to turn off the onboard video. CAN'T, but you can make it boot from PCIE (PEG) first. So I set the settings to that. NOTHING

Updated windows xp pro ALL THE WAY. NOTHING

Tried a different power supply. NOTHING (300 watt, 250 watt, and 610 watt)

Tried every variation possible in the bios. NOTHING (I'm on my 2nd whole day with this...)

You name it, I tried it.

Unplug the video card, and everything boots up normal and fast.

Tech support from AMI. NOTHING

Tech support from BIOSTAR. NOTHING

Tech support from PNY. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

........ What... the... hell is wrong with this thing????????

bauer5266

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
How many votes am I going to get for DOA? If I don't get any more input on this, I'm taking it back.

This would be the first DOA piece of hardware I have ever gotten from TigerDirect. Impressive in my book, I have ordered over 100 things from them!