Is this pc rig better than xbox360?

zlad

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I hope I don't get banned for talking about consoles here...

ok, so here is my future rig:
PhenomII X4 940
GTX260
4gb ram
* do u think the gtx300 series will be better than consoles?

I heard somwhere that you can use windows on the xbox aswell...but will you be able to use most of the pc aplications such as microsoft word, yahoo messenger, etc ?? Will I be able to download stuff from the internet? since the console will be connected to the pc will I be able to use mods for games(ex. Oblivion)
Should I buy the cheapest X model ( I think it is arcade). Can I use my 500gb pc hdd to play games, music and such ( I will connect a pc to the xbox or a external hdd to it if it's possible )
Also this arcade version doesn't support xbox live but will I have net if I connect it to a pc with net conection??

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
No, if you use mods on games then you'll get banned from xbox live, and that's pretty much the only reason the 360 sells.

You can't run windows on the 360 because the 360 uses the PPC architecture not the x86 architecture.

Your Pc is better than all of the consoles anyway, and anyone who wants the GTX 300 is an nvidia fanboy.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

hilarious comment you got there. :D

I won't even compare a console to a PC. Why opt for something just for gaming if you can do more than that on a PC? And once it become outdated, you can't even opt to buy another GPU to go CF/SLI if you want to survive further.

your xbox has one advantage up its sleeve - when an xbox360 game is released it will simply work, where as your pc will for now "work" but down the track start to dip below recomended/required specs to play the games etc

bare in mind you can also upgrade, and most of the time the PC will have better graphics and more content, and mods available

lol @ whats an xbox and other various funny comments here