TS2 University - Sims don't want to learn in class

Here's an interesting "feature" I've found in The Sims University. It
certainly does it in my game; don't know if others have experienced the
same.

Attach any campus to one of the neighbourhoods that comes with the
game, e.g. Pleasantville (wasn't that a movie?- Ed). Send a teenager
from either an existing family or newly created family to university.
Have them attend a class. Upon their return from class, their class
performance meter will partially fill up. Play them as normal until the
end of term, getting the required skills, doing the assignments etc, to
fill the class performance meter to the top. Have them attend the final
exam, they will not return to the dorm until the exam is finished and
get told straight away they have passed with A+, made the dean's list,
grant of 1500 simoleons.

Now compare and contrast with my experiences when attaching a campus to
one of my own neighbourhoods. Send a teenager from the pool of in-game
young adults or one of my families to university. Have them attend a
class. Upon their return from class, their class performance meter
remains static. Play them as normal until the end of term, getting the
required skills, doing the assignments etc, to fill the class
performance meter to the top. As attending class does not fill the
meter it is necessary to do extra assignments and research to do so.
Have them attend the final exam, they will return to the dorm before
the exam is finished. After an hour of Sim-time you receive a message
that they have missed the final exam, get docked on the class
performance, dropping their grade to C+, grant of 500 simoleons.

My Sims 2 installation is extremely vanilla. No hacked objects, cheats
etc. The only extra objects are the "official" Maxis objects made by
maxismonkey.

Has anyone else experienced the above and is there a known resolution?
I've tried Googling around the web and Google Groups but the only thing
of any relevance I found regarding students leaving the final exam
early related to nude hacks or custom careers.
6 answers Last reply
More about university sims learn class

    > Have them attend the final exam, they will return to the dorm before
    > the exam is finished. After an hour of Sim-time you receive a message
    > that they have missed the final exam, get docked on the class
    > performance, dropping their grade to C+, grant of 500 simoleons.

    same here I think bug. happens to my 4 sims was A+ complete final exam but
    like you drop to C+ 1 hour later...

    which I send sim back to college and return but watch that study bar still
    max that mean glitch bug i'm sure of it...

    David Robinson wrote:

    > Has anyone else experienced the above and is there a known resolution?
    > I've tried Googling around the web and Google Groups but the only thing
    > of any relevance I found regarding students leaving the final exam
    > early related to nude hacks or custom careers.

    There is a bug fix by Pescapo
    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/
    Forgotten exactly where onsite it is, but it's in there some where.

    -georg

    Yes it is a bug.

    I got a hack to fix if from VariousSimmers. It's one by twojeffs.

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > David Robinson wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone else experienced the above and is there a known resolution?
    >> I've tried Googling around the web and Google Groups but the only thing
    >> of any relevance I found regarding students leaving the final exam
    >> early related to nude hacks or custom careers.
    >>

    > There is a bug fix by Pescapo
    > http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/
    > Forgotten exactly where onsite it is, but it's in there some where.
    >
    > -georg

    Yes, it's a bug and there's a bug fix at Various Simmers I think.

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

    or it might be Pescado

    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf//index.php

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "David Robinson" <devilment@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Here's an interesting "feature" I've found in The Sims University. It
    > certainly does it in my game; don't know if others have experienced the
    > same.
    >
    > Attach any campus to one of the neighbourhoods that comes with the
    > game, e.g. Pleasantville (wasn't that a movie?- Ed). Send a teenager
    > from either an existing family or newly created family to university.
    > Have them attend a class. Upon their return from class, their class
    > performance meter will partially fill up. Play them as normal until the
    > end of term, getting the required skills, doing the assignments etc, to
    > fill the class performance meter to the top. Have them attend the final
    > exam, they will not return to the dorm until the exam is finished and
    > get told straight away they have passed with A+, made the dean's list,
    > grant of 1500 simoleons.
    >
    > Now compare and contrast with my experiences when attaching a campus to
    > one of my own neighbourhoods. Send a teenager from the pool of in-game
    > young adults or one of my families to university. Have them attend a
    > class. Upon their return from class, their class performance meter
    > remains static. Play them as normal until the end of term, getting the
    > required skills, doing the assignments etc, to fill the class
    > performance meter to the top. As attending class does not fill the
    > meter it is necessary to do extra assignments and research to do so.
    > Have them attend the final exam, they will return to the dorm before
    > the exam is finished. After an hour of Sim-time you receive a message
    > that they have missed the final exam, get docked on the class
    > performance, dropping their grade to C+, grant of 500 simoleons.
    >
    > My Sims 2 installation is extremely vanilla. No hacked objects, cheats
    > etc. The only extra objects are the "official" Maxis objects made by
    > maxismonkey.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced the above and is there a known resolution?
    > I've tried Googling around the web and Google Groups but the only thing
    > of any relevance I found regarding students leaving the final exam
    > early related to nude hacks or custom careers.

    Thanks

    I just download called Final Exam Fixes Ver 1.4.zip

Sims Performance Games Video Games