New video card didnt fix no video input signal

pkrj

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
- I have replaced battery to motherboard - still no good

- able to run computer by plugging in VGA cable to original computer hardware - computer works ok but video not good for games/movies etc....

- removed video card bought with computer and replaced with a brand new video card - still no good

Is it possible where the video card connects is no good??

pkrj

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010

Thanks allot for the quick response. Unfortunately you are speaking a language I don't get. Is there a simple way to do this?

- not sure how to disable
- not sure what PCIe is
- not sure what BIOS is

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
When you first press the power button, spam the 'delete' key until something comes up. Go through the options of the whole interface and find something called "integrated video" or something similar, disable this. Or there may be something like "video adapter" which allows you to choose what GPU to use, select the one that says "PCIe" or something like that. What you find will probably be different, varies with BIOS you see

pkrj

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010

- Not sure what spam the delete key means but when I powered the computer on I tried holding the delete key down and pressing the delete key up/down, up/down while it booted up. Nothing happened.
- I inserted the new video card in case I reached a point where I could disable the onboard video and activate the new one, but I got the original error message "no video input signal". This is confusing because the new card was in the machine but the vga cable was connected to the onboard connection????

pkrj

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010

Not sure what kind of motherboard it is. The computer is a HP Pavillion m7580n.