Are OCZ power supplies any good quality wise

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
anyone know anything about OCZ power supplies are they any good?
i had a coolermaster one time that cost me 150bucks and it was garbage had to RMA it 4times withen a year so i dont want that to happen again. i know corsair and antec are good but im looking to get whatever is real good strable future proof and whatever is on sale so i was wondering bout the qaulity of OCZ's psu's

thanks
winter

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Well,,for what it is worth ,,I am running an OCZ StealthXExtreme 600w on an exclusively gaming rig,works just fine,,Hardwaresecrets.com reviewed this model and said that OCZ could have sold it as a 700w as it will draw 720w with no sweat at all..:)

On a side note, what ever happened to PC P&C? After they were bought by OCZ they were still fine, but recently (at least on Newegg) they seem to have disappeared except for a few very low or very high ones. Are they being phased out?

I read somewhere ( I think it was the JG forum ) that they were bringing out a new series of power supplies, we can only hope that they continue thier quest for high quality ( and maybe get rid of their bias towards modular and multi-rail units )