Undervolting an over-clocked intel i7-2600k

joshybo7

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
i am attempting to undervolt my i7-2600k while over-clocking to 4.5GHz and right now my temps and voltages still seem kind of high to me, although i am still new to over-clocking so i may just be too optimistic about what i can get. here is a screenshot of where i am at at current

http://www.q2kgaming.com/testimg/ss.png

this is after several hours of a blend test in prime95 which appears stable and i am basically wondering how these voltages and temperatures compare to what anybody else has seen for this processor. i am happy at 4.5 GHz as i have read there isn't a noticeable performance gain while gaming past that speed i am primarily concerned with the longevity at these settings of my processor

Solution
Everything is fine ;) . Since you are using a Radeon HD 5770 you actually don't need that high overclock to get good performance. Even an i3 2100 @ stock is fully sufficient to drive that card at 100%. If your system is primarily used for gaming with that card then use a less aggressive setting.

spp85

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Everything is fine ;) . Since you are using a Radeon HD 5770 you actually don't need that high overclock to get good performance. Even an i3 2100 @ stock is fully sufficient to drive that card at 100%. If your system is primarily used for gaming with that card then use a less aggressive setting.

Solution