Sims2: boosting teen NPCs to young adult?

mvs

Is there any safe way to somehow extract a randomly generated NPC teenage sim
and install her in a user controllable family? My family's teen son has fallen
hard for her (fanning himself like there's no tomorrow, her face appears
CONSTANTLY in his wants bar and he's not even a Romance Aspirant) and I'd
rather not break up the happy couple when it's time for him to go to college.

If it's possible, I'd like to add her to a temporary user-created family so I
can just pop in and issue a Move to College interaction on her, and that way
the couple can link up again later.

mvs wrote:
> If it's possible, I'd like to add her to a temporary user-created
> family so I can just pop in and issue a Move to College interaction
> on her, and that way the couple can link up again later.

You don't even have to do that much, you can select any npc younger than an
adult from the main neighbourhood screen and send them to university.

mvs wrote:
> Is there any safe way to somehow extract a randomly generated NPC
> teenage sim and install her in a user controllable family? My
> family's teen son has fallen hard for her (fanning himself like
> there's no tomorrow, her face appears CONSTANTLY in his wants bar and
> he's not even a Romance Aspirant) and I'd rather not break up the
> happy couple when it's time for him to go to college.
>
> If it's possible, I'd like to add her to a temporary user-created
> family so I can just pop in and issue a Move to College interaction
> on her, and that way the couple can link up again later.

From the main neighborhood screen, click the University button (up at the
left top of the screen). "Send Sims to College." It will open a box that
includes all the teen sims in the neighborhood. I like to send them in
groups of four, and it lumps them together in the sim bin at the University
so you can send them off to dorms in managable groups. You can even send
the NPC girl at the same time as her boyfriend.

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:From the main neighborhood screen, click the University
button (up at the left top of the screen). "Send Sims to College."

In my game,the send sims to college button is on the lower left,after
opening the Sim Bin(or whatever it is called).

Munch.

mvs wrote:
> > If it's possible, I'd like to add her to a temporary user-created
> family so I can just pop in and issue a Move to College interaction
> on her, and that way the couple can link up again later.

You don't need to do that. Teen NPC's show up in the send to college menu.
Just send her from there.

Gareeth

munch simmons wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:From the main neighborhood screen, click the University
> button (up at the left top of the screen). "Send Sims to College."
>

> In my game,the send sims to college button is on the lower left,after
> opening the Sim Bin(or whatever it is called).
>
> Munch.

Yep, you're right. The one at the top just takes you to the university
screen. My bad.

Jeanie

You can send her to college with him from the neighbourhood screen, but
a word of caution: if he's constantly swooning/wolf whistling/fanning
over her, then she's likely a romance sim herself and he's destined for
heartbreak.

~*~
vecki

Jeanie wrote:
> mvs wrote:
>> Is there any safe way to somehow extract a randomly generated NPC
>> teenage sim and install her in a user controllable family?

> From the main neighborhood screen, click the University button (up at the
> left top of the screen). "Send Sims to College." It will open a box that
> includes all the teen sims in the neighborhood. I like to send them in
> groups of four, and it lumps them together in the sim bin at the University
> so you can send them off to dorms in managable groups. You can even send
> the NPC girl at the same time as her boyfriend.

Indeed you will have to, if you want to keep them as a couple, because if
you send one or other of them to university first, they will be in
different age groups and the game automatically switches off the
'crush/in love' hearts because of that. Of course you can always get them
flirting again if that happens and re-establish the relationship.

J.
--
With metta from: \ _/__ Run to the fire exit