Cant boot from firmware disc Crucial C300

toorisky

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Anybody had this problem?

I am trying to update the firmware on my Crucial C300 256 Gb SSD from 0006 to 0007
I have followed their instructions to the letter, burning an ISO onto disc of the relevant firmware
changing the primary boot to CD/ROM and trying to boot from the made disc.

The PC just starts as normal without booting from the disc... it's driving me mad and there are no
FAQs on the crucial site that cover this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Asus Crosshair III MoBo
AMD Phenom II 3.4 Ghz Processor

Your DVD drive may not be on your boot menu ahead of the hard drive. If this is the case, you won't be able to boot from _any_ DVD (test with the Win7 DVD?).

Either go into BIOS and put the DVD drive ahead of the HDD in the boot sequence, or press the indicated key during the first BIOS screen during power-on (usually F8) and you will be presented with a list of boot devices at the end of the BIOS sequence. Pick the DVD drive.

I hope that it's that simple.

toorisky

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Thanks, it boots now but it gets to the point where it says "detecting drives " and just sits there for ages doing nothing. Tried it several times....same thing Arrgghhh!!

I should have mentioned this earlier: the update may require that the controller be set to a specific mode. Please read their instructions. You may have to set the port _back_ to IDE mode; I had to do this to do a secure erase.

Sorry that I can't help you further

toorisky

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Yes the port has to be set to IDE and iv'e done this already but only gets as far as "detecting drives" Will have to contact crucial.

Thanks for your help : )