Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5N-E SLi boot issues

Last response: in Motherboards
February 14, 2010 2:25:23 PM

Hello,

I'm currently running the following system

P5N-E Sli Motherboard, 4GB OCZ RAM, GeForce 880GT graphics, Audigy 2ZS sound card, 3x 250GB drive (seagate/Maxtor), 1x 500GB Seagate drive, Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

I'm posting this thread in this part of the forums as I think its a motheboard problem I'm experiencing as I've had the same problem with both Vista and windows 7, when drives are in raid configuration or not, with different drives etc.

My issue is that I need to have the windows install disc in the CD/DVD drive to be able to boot into windows. If the disc is not in the drive I get the following message once the POST is complete:

"DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

When the disc is in the drive, the system boots into windows without any problems and runs normally. I don't have to use the recovery options or do anything except have the disc in the drive.

If anyone has any suggestions how to get rid of this problem it would be much appreciated mainly because I keep forgetting to put the disc back in the drive having removed it to do other things.

Thanks for the advice

More about : asus p5n sli boot issues

February 15, 2010 1:24:49 AM

once the computer is booted into windows, can you see the HDD, if you can't either the drive or the motherboard died
m
l
February 15, 2010 2:34:50 AM

Once windows is loaded the computer is fully functional. Can see all the drives, play games, edit photos, watch tv, edit videos. Everything saves properly too.
m
l
!