What is wrong with my new pc!?

neoonline

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
First of all sorry for my bad English I'll try my best to explain my problem. :love:
a few days before I bought these stuff and build a computer by myself for myself: :bounce:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
MB: Asus M4A78T-E
Ram: Corsair DDR3 4GB (2x2 GB ) 1333
VGA: MSI R4890-T2D1G OC
Power: Green (785B) (it's a very famous brand in my country and most of the the guys using this brand, and also the one I used I mean Green 785 is a real 780 Wat PSU)
HDD: Seagate 500GB Baracuda (7200.12)
DVD-RW: Samsung 22x

I build the pc and everything works fine the cooling is okay not too much noise, but one strange problem. from every 5 time I push the power button and turning it on, 4 time everything is okay system beep bios screen coming up and then the os start running, but in the 5th time just fans start spinning and nothing else happened I mean no screen and no beep, then I had to push reset button on the case just for one time and the system will beep and everything will be fine again.

first of all I thinked it must be the bios issue so I updated the bios form Asus live update on windows to the latest version, but didn't solve the problem. I also removed the graphic card and test the system with the onboard vga but it didn't worked too. then I removed the ram and cpu and put them back but still have the problem then I checked out for a link between mainboard and my comuter case but there wasn't any link.

The PSU also dosen't have any problem it's cool and work fine and system is totally stable under any kind of pressure. can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? and is it an important problem that I should mention it? :hello:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Here's a vague possibility. Some power supplies are a little slow coming up to full output, especially when trying to start up everything at once. That can produce the result that some units are still not functioning fully when the system tries to use them in the boot process, and it gets a error.

One way this has been fixed in some systems is a delay of start-up of a few devices that pull power but are not needed immediately. Look through your BIOS Setup screens and see if there is a way to delay start-up of your hard drive and / or DVD drive. This reduces the electrical load on the PSU for a few seconds during start-up, making full power available for other components. A few seconds later the drives are started, but this is AFTER the heavy pull from the earlier devices.

This idea may not work, or you may not even have this option in your BIOS. But it's free and easy to try, and can be undone if it does not help.

neoonline

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009

A friend of mine told me the same idea, but I updated the bios to the latest version I guess I should wait for the new one to flash it again from the bios.

very coo idea, thanks for helping me I'll try that. but can anyone tell me is it a serious problem, is it possible that this situation damaging my pc's hardware?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Very unlikely this has damaged your hardware. More likely that faulty hardware with an intermittent problem is the cause of your trouble, not the result.

evongugg's suggestion was that the BIOS flashing you did may not have been quite right, and there could be some corrupt data in the BIOS now. So don't wait for a newer BIOS. evongugg's suggestion was to re-do the flashing operation now, but use a more reliable procedure that does not have Windows operating at the same time.