virtual memory to low is flashing

YoungBuck

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I have an vintage motherboard with ram bus and I just added some more because the virtual memory was flashing, well now it started again and I read somewhere that you can change the cache to boost performance! or is there a better cheap solution to keep this clunker?

How large is the virtual memory? Have you increased it?

You limited virtual memory to only 768 MB, which is way too low if you're getting an error. Your system only detects 768MB of RAM for a totally different reason. It either doesn't support 1GB modules or you bought an incompatible module, e.g., single-sided when dual-sided is required.

Set your virtual memory minimum to 512MB and the maximum to 1.5GB. You get an error whenever the peak gets close to the limit.

YoungBuck

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Dogman are you telling me to flat line my mobo and start over...lol
I had this old better for 7 years and now I keep it for sentimental purpose's, to remind me of a time when these relics used to be body body lol

Now that I got youre guys attention I'm thinking of building another computer (long over do) for around $800 and I'm looking at the Asus P7P55d mobo...Is this a good upgrade?

YoungBuck

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Sorry! I don't know the rules here yet.....first I got to keep this beater running before I start another computer..NM I will start another thread later but first thing is first

TRENDING THREADS