Air vs Water vs L.C.S. Flameroom

Ok, (if this ones alright by the Management, delete if not)

HERE is the place to air your views on the wonders/dangers/inefficiency of your chosen or hated cooling method,
I've seen a lot of posting lately where instead of posting informed and appropriate answers to a question people are blindly hijacking threads to slate a method they do not like or have had a bad experience with and it rapidly descends into a bitchwar,
The posters don't come here to seek your personal opinion on why Aircooling is crap, why Water is Evil and why all-in-one (L.C.S.) is pointless,
they come here for helpful information and advice on their problems

So heres the sandbox for the arguments and flaming,

Don't play nicely in here, bitch, moan and call each other to hell and back if you want to,

but in the main forums give good clean informed and un-biased solutions to folks problems please, its why they come here.
Thanks,
Moto

As explained in the opening statement,
its to air out your views Beenthere,
and keep peoples 'real' threads clean of unwarranted bias and arguments, I'd rather 'flamefests, insults and inappropriate comments' went in here than took up some poor guys thread asking for help
I'd be interested to know what the unedited post was though? :)
There is no point in posturing and slagging folks off, but if people want to do it they can do it here
and as for reality? reality is only perception but thats another convo entirely
Moto

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

Like he said, there is no value to this thread, nobody for him to troll in here

beenthere

Distinguished

Pissfests don't change anything and are actually in violation of the forum TOS.

Again, as stated in the Op,
management are free to delete this thread and I would assume speak to me about its relevancy,

But I believe they would share my view on keeping thread advice informative and guiding, rather than scaremongering and flat-out naysaying,
If people have concerns about one method or another, aren't we adult enough to present a balanced argument over a topic?
I'm all for open debate, its witch-hunting I cannot bear to stand by and watch
Moto

I like air because it's simple, if you choose to maintain impossibly high overclocks like my 3.8ghz on my q6600 you should move to water. I've accepted that 3.6 is acceptable on air but feel if I had water cooling I would be able to run it at 4ghz everyday. (maybe not/not likely)

Using water sucks because if you want to make changes or do management inside the case you just going to be wasting your time 1-2 hours instead of 30 mins with air.

Phase change is friggin noisy and is quite a bit better than water but an even bigger pain in the ass and really expensive. Unless of course you want to use parts from old pop coolers and fridges. When I used to live in calgary one of the local shops a tech there was using phase change withh his qx9650 and 9800gx2's in SLI w/ hacked drivers he really was the *** as far as anyone who was into OC and computers that I knew of

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

Actually it is easier to make changes without that humungous air cooler and fans in the way. No having to blow all the dust out of it either.

Clean your house.

Just kidding, thats fair cause with the amount of fans and despite filters I really do have to blow it out alot . But it sure is easy to pop in and out GPU for testing where with water you are looking at a lot of f'n around