Cant get sims superstar to load

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 31, 2005 6:26:06 AM

when i try and install the sims superstar expansion kit it comes up
with an error message saying UIGraphics incorrect function can any one
help me? All the other sims work.

More about : sims superstar load

August 2, 2005 9:47:02 AM

"woody" <mark.wood@tcwh.co.uk> wrote in message
> when i try and install the sims superstar expansion kit it comes up
> with an error message saying UIGraphics incorrect function can any one
> help me? All the other sims work.

Well, my guess is UIGraphics far file is locked to read-only and since you
are trying to install a new expansion pack it can't re-write the new
neighborhoods.

Take out that folder (like move it to the desktop or something) and
reinstall UL again. UIGraphics.far contains the neighborhood background
screens that need to be re-writing.

Well, any way do the above at your own risk (LOL). But I bet it works.
August 2, 2005 12:14:25 PM

I moved the UIGraphics folder to My Documents and tried to install the
sims superstar again but it didnt work. It came up with the same
message. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

> I moved the UIGraphics folder to My Documents and tried to install the
> sims superstar again but it didnt work. It came up with the same
> message. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Mary actually said to try to install *Unleashed* again. Presumably to
get the game to recreate UIGraphics. If it doesn't work, then you could
try to remove the read-only attribute of UIGraphics, if it has it.

I don't actually know anything about this problem - I'm just going by
what Mary said.

HTH.

CK
August 3, 2005 2:31:35 AM

"Sarah" <red_hot_girl_69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I moved the UIGraphics folder to My Documents and tried to install the
> sims superstar again but it didnt work. It came up with the same
> message. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Let's try this. When you have all the expansion packs for Sims 1 the
UIGraphics folder should be in C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims so you would
dump the folder in the main Sims folder. Right click on the folder and
select properties. Make sure "read-only" is NOT checked. It's been awhile
since I played Sims 1 and I can't remember where it was without Makin'
Magic. But try moving that folder to the main sims folder and checking the
properties. Then restart superstar. Remember to load Superstar and not the
regular Sims if it kept both Icons. If the "read-only" change does not
stick then that means you need administrator priviledges so you will have to
change those. Also, did you load the other expansion packs in order? Do
you have all the expansion packs that came before Superstar? You may have
to reinstall the entire thing if you can't get it to work. If so install
all EP's in order. If you have downloads from third parties copy all the
folders you want to save to the desktop. Test the game before adding back.
August 3, 2005 2:34:52 AM

"Mary" <xxxxyyosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Sarah" <red_hot_girl_69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I moved the UIGraphics folder to My Documents and tried to install the
>> sims superstar again but it didnt work. It came up with the same
>> message. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
>>
>> --
>> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
>> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com
>
> Let's try this. When you have all the expansion packs for Sims 1 the
> UIGraphics folder should be in C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims so you
> would dump the folder in the main Sims folder. Right click on the folder
> and select properties. Make sure "read-only" is NOT checked. It's been
> awhile since I played Sims 1 and I can't remember where it was without
> Makin' Magic. But try moving that folder to the main sims folder and
> checking the properties. Then restart superstar. Remember to load
> Superstar and not the regular Sims if it kept both Icons. If the
> "read-only" change does not stick then that means you need administrator
> priviledges so you will have to change those. Also, did you load the
> other expansion packs in order? Do you have all the expansion packs that
> came before Superstar? You may have to reinstall the entire thing if you
> can't get it to work. If so install all EP's in order. If you have
> downloads from third parties copy all the folders you want to save to the
> desktop. Test the game before adding back.
*************Also you might try moving back that folder to where you had it
and then do the "read-only" uncheck like I explained above. In both cases
reboot before loading Superstar to it will make the registry. If nothing
works then sigh.............................reinstall. Only other thing I
can think of is your original install of Superstar became corrupt.
!