Sign in with
Your question

Fututre $1400 Build.

Last response: in Systems
August 25, 2009 7:13:21 PM

Alright sorry for new thread but it was way off topic for the other thread.......
So for some reason the man getting me the RIG had to get back early so he canceled the order.
one of his "family members" is very sick so he won't go to the US till October and come back 2 months later (Dec.)
so now that i have 3 months before purchase (was looking to get it early but can't complain; HD58xx, i5, X59-68 etc. ...)

so the thing now is discussing my FUTURE $1400 rig by specifying the parts available now and don't need to be changed WITH the parts that worth waiting for(though i don't have an option ;)  ) like maybe a socket 1156 i7 or i9 product and the upgradability of the current X58 boards regarding the CPU part.

also the HD5xxx And GT3xx

also the possibility of launching a better SOCKET B based Chipsets other than the SEMI-BUGGY X58 platform and possibly lowering the prices :D  .

ALL opinions are welcomed and this thread WILL remain active till Nov15th, 2009

PS: wasn't sure where to put this so put in the same section as the previous :pt1cable:  .

EDIT: This is not intended to be a new system build advice discussion, but to be a general discussion about the upgrdability probability for the upcoming generations of Computer components, though is said i didn't know where to put it i did what i did last time and it doesn't seem to be a way to change the thread's title (sorry new to forums) :D  .

also i would like to ask an advice for a way to be informed for new threads as i have a habit of forgetting to check the forums i joined (and i mean threads made by other poeple who need other opinions and i somehow haven't notice them[threads] ;)  ).

Regards.

More about : fututre 1400 build

August 25, 2009 8:04:00 PM

So how is the dude who's buying the computer for you, bringing it to you?
August 25, 2009 8:05:36 PM

he's is fine it's one of his "family members".
Related resources
August 25, 2009 8:08:44 PM

Beside that.... this isn't the thread's point of discussion ;)  .
August 25, 2009 8:20:28 PM

lol no, no i dont mean that, i was just wondering if hes just gonna stick it in his suit case, im in a pretty similar situation.
August 25, 2009 8:31:51 PM

well in that case...:
1st. i'm planing in getting most the components in OEM editions.
2nd. i'm not getting the monitor, speaker, Keyboard & mouse from the US.
3rd. the internal components (considering they're OEM editions) won't be that big or heavy (also cheaper ;)  )

- and he would be able to manage them in a small suite case without all those non-(core components) parts, and that's what i'm shooting as the core-components from the US is far better than any other country and other parts could be easily managed from most other countries.

Regards
PS: sorry for misunderstanding :D  .
August 25, 2009 8:42:15 PM

Oh alright, so he wont be bringing back the whole tower with everything inside, however you have to remember that he wont be able to test any of the parts out, and if you get a defective hdd or ram it'll be a real pain to get them replaced.
August 25, 2009 8:53:08 PM

got this in mind i managed to find some good corsair PSU and RAM (they provide international warranty) along with an ASUS Mobo (also international), a GFX card has a slight possibility to be defective and the CPU will be picked up and tested by hand at microcenter (D0 stepping ;)  )
here you go :D  .
Regards
August 25, 2009 8:58:14 PM

Oh sorry missed up with the thread's title wtf(Fututre...) must be sleeping :D  .
August 25, 2009 8:59:59 PM

Oh, very good idea ill make sure to get stuff with international warranties as well, thx for the tip :p 
August 25, 2009 9:40:50 PM

Quote:
Psycho Sykes said:

so the thing now is discussing my FUTURE $1400 rig by specifying the parts available now and don't need to be changed WITH the parts that worth waiting for(though i don't have an option ) like maybe a socket 1156 i7 or i9 product and the upgradability of the current X58 boards regarding the CPU part.

From what I hear from most of the Tech sites, that the P55 mobo's for the 1156 (i5) socket will be running around $200 for the high end boards and the P55 boards sould be showing up near the end of September.

There is no firm prices for the 1156 (Core i5) at this time, but hopefully they should be less then the Core i7'S. Also the i9 will be not out until some time the 1st uarter of 2010, plus it is a 6-core and will be the new top end chi for the Core i7 mobo's.

The P55 mobo's will use ddr3 Dual Channel, so hopefully the prices will be less, but am seeing news on certain Memory brands coming out with low voltage ram for the P55/Core i5, so we will have to wait and see if the ram will be cheaper in price.

Supposely the new 5xxx ATI graphic cards are to launch Sept. 10th, but should be at the sites whn the Core i5's and P55 mobos' are available for sale. No price info as of yet on the 5xxx ATI cards.

Nvidia new 300 graphic card series might be out late 4th quarter of this year and probally be costing higher then the GTX200 series cards.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
August 25, 2009 10:05:32 PM

Yoosty said:
Quote:
Psycho Sykes said:

so the thing now is discussing my FUTURE $1400 rig by specifying the parts available now and don't need to be changed WITH the parts that worth waiting for(though i don't have an option ) like maybe a socket 1156 i7 or i9 product and the upgradability of the current X58 boards regarding the CPU part.

From what I hear from most of the Tech sites, that the P55 mobo's for the 1156 (i5) socket will be running around $200 for the high end boards and the P55 boards sould be showing up near the end of September.

There is no firm prices for the 1156 (Core i5) at this time, but hopefully they should be less then the Core i7'S. Also the i9 will be not out until some time the 1st uarter of 2010, plus it is a 6-core and will be the new top end chi for the Core i7 mobo's.

The P55 mobo's will use ddr3 Dual Channel, so hopefully the prices will be less, but am seeing news on certain Memory brands coming out with low voltage ram for the P55/Core i5, so we will have to wait and see if the ram will be cheaper in price.

Supposely the new 5xxx ATI graphic cards are to launch Sept. 10th, but should be at the sites whn the Core i5's and P55 mobos' are available for sale. No price info as of yet on the 5xxx ATI cards.

Nvidia new 300 graphic card series might be out late 4th quarter of this year and probally be costing higher then the GTX200 series cards.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Thanks alot for reply though this isn't the exact thing i needed for example:
i didn't mean exactly the i5/P55 Compo but however (just maybe) a socket 1156 version of i7/i9 with maybe a X68 chipset and triple channel high voltage DDR3 memory DIMMs for the sake of energy efficiency and temps. .
also about the i9 i meant its compatibility with the current 1366/X58 mobo, also if there's any plans for another (better) chipset [X77 maybe] that will provide better features, temps, i9 compatibility and better price.

thanks in advance.

Regards.

EDIT: forgot about the HD58xx:

yes i'm willing to wait for the HD5870/90 as it seems they will offer better value than GT3xx specially considering they will be released earlier and will be cheaper around the same price as HD48xx release vs GT2xx to GT3xx DIFF. ;)  .

Thanks again.
August 25, 2009 11:24:17 PM

By the way (off topic yes but important).
do any one know how to change threads titles and get informed for new threads that match my (VERY VERY VERY small 14 year old Egyptian boy experience! ;)  )as i would love to share the community rather than just worrying about my own problems without sharing with other people considering that's what forum thing is all about.

Regards :D  .
August 26, 2009 1:03:19 AM

also was worried about the famous 3
1. USB 3.0
2. SATA III
3. PCI.e 3.0

however i've heard some info about the delay of the pci.e 3.0 due to backward compatibility issues though have heard nothing about USB 3.0 and SATA III

also read things about 'DNA mfd' based IBM Procs. that will probably go beyond the THz and maxing the 10GHz lowest-end barrier (for tho DNA based chips) for the highest energy efficiency, speeds, reliability and affordability - although those chips won't come out with the very 1st internal DELTA designs in less than 10 years i already started worrying about a Terminator OR Matrix future (considering i'm still 14) but then again ALLAH control lives and i don't have to worry being Neo or John Conor cuz there probably won't be self-improving AI but a stupidly designed over-controlling AI program used to manage our interests and threatening our future ;)  .

BEST Regards :D  .
MEDO
August 26, 2009 4:24:13 AM

About the famous 3 ->
1. USB 3.0 -> Will become mainstream probably by Q1/Q2 2010
Thought the standard is introduced, there are no announcements from the equipment manufacturers releasing products with it...Maybe they are waiting for the mobo manufacturers to first release it in their products and then only you can see products using that...So Q1/Q2 2010 would be a safe bet

2. SATA III -> Will become mainstream probably by Q1/Q2 2010
There were problems with the controllers for the SATA 3.0...so that is why ASUS and Gigabyte have pulled out this from their upcoming i5 socket mobos...But some other manufacturers have announced SATA 3.0 add-in cards...
But the release of this spec will depend on both the mobo manufacturers and the HDD manufacturers...

3. PCIe 3.0 -> As you have heard, they would be pushed back maybe even to late 2010...

And about the "DNA mfd" you read too much :p 
August 26, 2009 4:51:02 AM

Quote:
gkay_98 wrote
And about the "DNA mfd" you read too much :p 

Yeh Right... :D  ;) 

by the way what do you think am i a good sci-fi beginner author :lol:  .
or maybe i'm John Conor and just having an interactive flashback :D  .
oh and check my previous 2 comments though.

Regards.

hope i don't get banned for my style :whistle:  .

EDIT: though i prefer Neo over John Conor :D  .
August 26, 2009 5:14:20 AM

Lolz I think not gettting you PC right now, might have taken toll on you... ;) 
Take rest, clear you mind and then come back...Right now you are thinking too much... :p 
August 26, 2009 5:28:51 AM

gkay09 said:
Lolz I think not gettting you PC right now, might have taken toll on you... ;) 
Take rest, clear you mind and then come back...Right now you are thinking too much... :p 

just kidding right... :??: 
although i don't mean anything but just wanted to share ideas forums are far funnier than i imagined and Tom's... community are just too great to pass by without sharing.
by the way what's about the other 2 posts about GFX cards and i7/i9/i5 X58/X.../P55 and this thread's main questions.

sorry about... um.. you know :pt1cable:  any unnecessary worries made ;)  .

again just wanted to share :hello:  .

i WILL take a rest just because it's 5:00 AM where i live and i spent near 5 hours on this forum already (for today ;)  )

if you saw this post after it's 'post' then 'post' i'll read it.

thanks again and REGARDS.

:hello:  ;) 
August 26, 2009 6:00:04 AM

^ hey just kidding :p 

And about those posts, it is not very useful discussing those things right now as we may not know how those components would perform...So only when they are launched, you can get a clear idea about them...

And as for the LGA 1366 socket, it is sure to stay for atleast 2 years...You must have read the news about 6-core CPUs(I think they will be called as i9 but not sure though...) to be launched for that socket in 2010...

Graphics card - I feel ATI will have a good upper hand in the DirectX 11 cards as they will be launching them before Nvidia so they can better optimize its performance before nvidia's launch...
August 26, 2009 6:33:19 AM

^ well good to hear that.
and for the discussion i think otherwise that it'll be very useful to discuss those stuff now and add more and more discussions later.
also helloworld_98 said he has some 5850 vs 4870x2 benchs. also about the socket 1366 upgrdability i wasn't referring to just the socket but also the chipset(NB), SB.
so is there any replacements planned for the X58 maybe X68 that will fix the bugs found in that I7-Entry-level chipset (X58).
about the 58xx i totally agree with you.

see this and post back:
Quote:
Psycho Sykes wrote:

By the way (off topic yes but important).
do any one know how to change threads titles and get informed for new threads that match my (VERY VERY VERY small 14 year old Egyptian boy experience! ;)  )as i would love to share the community rather than just worrying about my own problems without sharing with other people considering that's what forum thing is all about.

and:
Quote:
Psycho Sykes wrote:

Yoosty wrote :

Thanks alot for reply though this isn't the exact thing i needed for example:
i didn't mean exactly the i5/P55 Compo but however (just maybe) a socket 1156 version of i7/i9 with maybe a X68 chipset and triple channel high voltage DDR3 memory DIMMs for the sake of energy ........

Thanks again.

BEST Regards :D  .
August 26, 2009 6:56:51 AM

Well I dont know much about the benchmarks of the 5870...but here are some articles giving some info about them...
http://vr-zone.com/articles/-rumour-ati-dx11-evergreen-...
http://vr-zone.com/articles/-rumour-amd-dx11-cypress-is...

And about the X68 chipset(I doubt they exist, maybe in intel's R&D labs)...I highly doubt they would release before 2011 or even later...because intel has many upcoming CPUs for the LGA 1366 socket and its a new socket...
And X58 chipset being buggy ???
And LGA 1156 CPUs wont come with Tri-channel controllers - Reason - intel would want to have a clear line between the enthusiast market- LGA 1366 and mainstream market - LGA 1156
August 26, 2009 7:21:48 AM

about the x58 being buggy, keep in mind that i didn't even own an i7 platform "YET!" but that's what i've heard.
also about the LGA 1156 tri-channel thing i was just wondering if they would make a socket LGA 1156 based i7 along with a chipset even better than the X58 being a start also resulting in a smaller reference design, lower TDP, higher overclocking possibilities, lower temps and hopefully a new MFG technology like G1 stepping and 32NMeter MFG technology and they call it the LGA 1160 (the old original design who knows ;)  ).

also about the 5850 benchs, i didn't say i need them or even i think they exist however helloworld_98 did and he said he fetch them up, although the chances they're made by a reviewer or a big site are IMPOSSIBLE cuz i don't think that ATI are stupid enough to even think of providing an alpha design for foreign testing.
but i'm near sure that they're made by AMD insidous and leaked BY THEM to spice the market and then saying they're responsible for them, hope helloworld_98 find those articles and bring them here and not in the other thread :D  .

also what about my question in post 13~14 counting from the first (depending on if you count the thread start or just the replies)

BEST Regards :D  ;)  .
August 26, 2009 8:20:11 AM

^ Are you saying you want to change this Thread's title ? Could you explain ?
August 26, 2009 8:31:15 AM

gkay09 said:
^ Are you saying you want to change this Thread's title ? Could you explain ?

2 things:
1 maybe just change it to "Future $1400 Build" instead of Fututre

or change to something like "Near future core components open discussion (i7/i9 X58/X68 GT3xx/HD58xx)"

also what about the notifications system that consider my current status and send me topics and threads of my interest and slight experience in forums.

Thanks alot in advance.

know i got way too far of what this site is about and asking such "NULL" questions but couldn't resist my knowledge love :love:  ;)  .

Regards.
August 26, 2009 8:40:53 AM

The 1156 (core i5) chipset mobo's will use DDR3 Dual Channel ram, not the Triple channel ram that the 1366 (core i7) was require to use.

OCZ Technology Announces New DDR3 Low-Voltage Dual Channel Kits Tailored for the Upcoming IntelĀ®P55 Platform
http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2009/350
August 26, 2009 8:48:29 AM

Thanks again though i'm not much interested in P55/i5 but was wondering about a possible new i7 platform.
can't complain helped me put a future item in my friend's budget gaming rig :D  .
ah by the way he called me the professor.(don't worry told him it gkay_98 ;)  ).
August 26, 2009 8:53:02 AM

^:p  lolz me too not a professor...hahaha

@Psycho Sykes I think the mods can help you with the title...So you can send them a PM...but I dont think a spelling mistake would matter much...

And about the notifications, you would get regular newsletters from the website if you sign up for that...But about the threads, from what I know, you wont get any notifications for new threads posted...
August 26, 2009 9:05:19 AM

gkay09 said:
@Psycho Sykes I think the mods can help you with the title...So you can send them a PM...but I dont think a spelling mistake would matter much...

And about the notifications, you would get regular newsletters from the website if you sign up for that...But about the threads, from what I know, you wont get any notifications for new threads posted...

Thanks again, think would leave everything intact though, although be notified that this thread WILL remain active till Nov15th, 2009 and is intended for discussion about everything coming out till the end of thread.

would like to share opinions on the upcoming products and (being planned) ones as well.

if you can (and have time) spread the word and new opinions are always welcomed :D  .

also 1 more thing do you have a recommendation for a System Build/Repair premium toolkit (for around 25~35USD), was looking at rodewill's but it just seem too bad and very low quality.

Regards (also if you know a replacement word :D  ) :wahoo: 
August 26, 2009 9:20:40 AM

psycho sykes said:
Thanks again though i'm not much interested in P55/i5 but was wondering about a possible new i7 platform.
can't complain helped me put a future item in my friend's budget gaming rig :D  .
ah by the way he called me the professor.(don't worry told him it gkay_98 ;)  ).

Your previous post in this thread indicates otherwise.

psycho sykes said:
about the x58 being buggy, keep in mind that i didn't even own an i7 platform yet but that's what i've heard.
also about the LGA 1156 tri-channel thing i was just wondering if they would make a socket LGA 1156 based i7 along with a chipset even better than the X58 being a start also resulting in a smaller reference design, lower TDP, higher overclocking possibilities, lower temps and hopefully a new MFG technology like G1 stepping and 32NMeter MFG technology and they call it the LGA 1160 (the old original design who knows ;)  ).

also about the 5850 benchs, i didn't say i need them or even i think they exist however helloworld_98 did and he said he fetch them up, although the chances they're made by a reviewer or a big site are IMPOSSIBLE cuz i don't think that ATI are stupid enough to even think of providing an alpha design for foreign testing.
but i'm near sure that they're made by AMD insidous and leaked BY THEM to spice the market and then saying they're responsible for them, hope helloworld_98 find those articles and bring them here and not in the other thread :D  .

also what about my question in post 13~14 counting from the first (depending on if you count the thread start or just the replies)

BEST Regards :D  ;)  .

I am just showing others that the new 1156 (Core i5) chipset mobo's will be using DDR3 Dual Channel ram.

Is this what you are looking for. Core i7 that will be on the 1156 socket?
Intel Core i5-750, i7-860 and i7-870 coming September 6th?
http://www.slashgear.com/intel-core-i5-750-i7-860-and-i...
August 26, 2009 10:09:54 AM

Yes you got a point 'Yoosty' however what i meant is if they'll make something like a(green) edition of the whole i7 platform with some better features in energy efficiency and environmental friendly platforms. - (smaller size, lower temps, new xxNM tech, higher overclocking potential and lower cost CPU, Mobo and RAMs.

and i don't mean the indicated 1156 edition i7 as it'll has dual-channel memory interface and will lack the support for HT tech & Virtualization64 technology.

thanks for help though.

also what do you think about the System toolkit package.

and do you find the thread having a vital importance to keep updating it till the release of mentioned components (of course the short term ones of them ;)  ).

And again much appreciated it :D  .
August 26, 2009 10:17:56 AM

Yes it sound like a very good idea. :sol: 
August 26, 2009 10:27:23 AM

i think that gkay said is so true, not getting one as soon as possible does take a toll on a person...its killing me now waiting til mid-late sept to buy my computer is a killer, i keept on visiting tom's hardware =p avg i tihnk is 3-8 hours a day if im not looking at new egg configuring. good luck waiting 3 months mate
August 26, 2009 10:45:27 AM

silvergo said:
i think that gkay said is so true, not getting one as soon as possible does take a toll on a person...its killing me now waiting til mid-late sept to buy my computer is a killer, i keept on visiting tom's hardware =p avg i tihnk is 3-8 hours a day if im not looking at new egg configuring. good luck waiting 3 months mate

well i don't actually have an option here as the getting it for me can't go to the US till late Sep and will come at late Dec but i tell you i'm glad i didn't get it right now and waiting 3 months is not such a problem to me though and by that time prices will go down for current parts and moderate for new parts considering i'm sticking with i7 rather than the midrange i5 and getting a HD5870/90 for around 300 usd on launch for the x70 is surprisingly affordable IF other parts went down along with the release of i5 platform.

Quote:
Yoosty wrote:
Yes it sound like a very good idea. :sol: 

well what got to catch was that you're talking about the 1156 i7 "green" advanced platform, if not correct me ;)  .
however what about that "system assemble/repair standered toolkit" and as i said avoid the rosewill's (getting it for a friend of mine via local store, has alot of big branded options just don't know the right one :sarcastic:  .

August 26, 2009 10:48:34 PM

gkay09 said:
Well I dont know much about the benchmarks of the 5870...but here are some articles giving some info about them...
http://vr-zone.com/articles/-rumour-ati-dx11-evergreen-...
http://vr-zone.com/articles/-rumour-amd-dx11-cypress-is...

And about the X68 chipset(I doubt they exist, maybe in intel's R&D labs)...I highly doubt they would release before 2011 or even later...because intel has many upcoming CPUs for the LGA 1366 socket and its a new socket...
And X58 chipset being buggy ???
And LGA 1156 CPUs wont come with Tri-channel controllers - Reason - intel would want to have a clear line between the enthusiast market- LGA 1366 and mainstream market - LGA 1156

Again about the X58 Bugs i read tons of reviews, threads, polls and Q/As about problems with the whole X58/i7 platform of course it most likely NOT the chipset's fault though however maybe intel will release a new easy to mfr chipset that addresses the problem's found in the overall i7 platform by simplifying the mfr process and providing clearer well designed reference design boards ;)  (get real 4 DIMM slots on a tri-channel board/CPU/Chipset, that keeps bothering me to date! :p  )

also what do you think about the other questions i mentioned :wahoo:  .

EX: 1. ASUS's boards - Cold boot issues, - FF error code.
2. most boards S3 Resume issues.
3. Bottlenecks due to the integration of the PCI-e Lane controller in the main chipset rather than in the proc chip in spite of the memory controller.
4. some boards that have been reported to have issues with non-D0 stepping proc chips and reported once that a similar issue has been witnessed here in my country consisting of i7 C0 and ASUS P6TD Deluxe that his entire system caught on fire.

Thanks in advance.

Regards :sarcastic: 

August 27, 2009 12:05:30 AM

And for Yoosty: as i've been considering the current i7(and still) i looked for a good cooling solution which tends to be the Corsair Hydro H50 as far as i looked.
however your 3rd or 4th post in the thread I7 920 or q9650? indicates otherwise.

Thanks in advance ;)  .
August 27, 2009 2:33:10 AM

It is from pass experiance on the self contained WC kits' that I speak of on an AMD FX60 Cpu. It was back in mid 2006 and it only lasted to Feb of 2007. Temps were increasing until it could not cool the CPU enough and would start shutting it down after 5 minutes of online gameplay. Either go with a very good Air CPU Cooler or a Fully built Water (Liquid) Cool system, whichever you can afford.
August 27, 2009 3:25:19 AM

Yoosty said:
It is from pass experiance on the self contained WC kits' that I speak of on an AMD FX60 Cpu. It was back in mid 2006 and it only lasted to Feb of 2007. Temps were increasing until it could not cool the CPU enough and would start shutting it down after 5 minutes of online gameplay. Either go with a very good Air CPU Cooler or a Fully built Water (Liquid) Cool system, whichever you can afford.

First see this: Corsair Hydro H50 1366 Results then see the review's next page for AM2+ results, so realistically there's something wrong with it along with AMD procs. so real-time temps will differ dependent on the Processor compatibility.

Also about 'System Repair kits' what's your recommendations?!!

Also please consider re-reading my previous 2 posts about X58 Bugs and My Replies to your last post (NOT this one!) and silvergo's .

Thanks agian very very much :D  . (and sorry for being noisy ;)  ).
August 27, 2009 3:50:31 AM

There is nothing wrong with the Proc, still have the system it is in and using a Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer and at idle it is @ 22c and in online games no higher then 47c even after a full day of gaming...
August 27, 2009 4:08:36 AM

Yoosty said:
There is nothing wrong with the Proc, still have the system it is in and using a Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer and at idle it is @ 22c and in online games no higher then 47c even after a full day of gaming...

So what do you suggest then as i was looking for a decent cooler that will allow me to overclock to 4.0~4.2GHz silently with no heating affect on surrounding devices on an ASUS RIIE??! ( i still haven't got the system, waiting for HD58xx! :p  )
And the CoolIt Domino A.L.C is just too bad to even consider.
AND About the other Question??!!!
Also what cooler/thermal compound/freq. do you currently use (mean links).

Best Regards.
August 28, 2009 1:04:52 AM

Hey, Where are you guys ;)  .

Best possible regards.
August 28, 2009 2:17:27 AM

Yoosty said:
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler Preview
Here is a Preview you should look at and it is 28 minutes long.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HardOCP/videos/44/

Enjoy! :lol: 

Thank you very much Yoosty just what i was looking for :D  .

Important NOTE: Use Ctrl+F and search for "#387" and "#379" in the thread (without quotes) then comment again.

Regards.
August 28, 2009 2:20:53 AM

By the way have you blocked my User name from PMing you??!!

Have a nice Day/Mid-day/Night (not sure about your time :D  )

Regards.
August 28, 2009 2:54:35 AM

psycho sykes said:
By the way have you blocked my User name from PMing you??!!

Have a nice Day/Mid-day/Night (not sure about your time :D  )

Regards.

No. Guess it is a glitch since I have not blocked anyone from PM'ing me.
August 28, 2009 2:56:02 AM

Yoosty said:
No. Guess it is a glitch since I have not blocked anyone from PM'ing me.

Thanks, and look for #387 and #379

Regards.

EDIT: I didn't even think there's a way to block people from PM'ing.
August 28, 2009 7:32:32 AM

its just like a big convo between u two....haha...im getting my PC on november 20th....last day of school...ever :D 
where they say the big difference between 5*** and the 4*** series of ATi gpus, is it really that big? or is it just jdjohn hyping up about it? its hard to find real info about the new hardware that isn't biased as heck....

and with the new CPU..the hexa-core..are they 1366 socket? and what are they called? i9s or i7s?
August 28, 2009 9:33:14 AM

Quote:
Again about the X58 Bugs i read tons of reviews, threads, polls and Q/As about problems with the whole X58/i7 platform of course it most likely NOT the chipset's fault though however maybe intel will release a new easy to mfr chipset that addresses the problem's found in the overall i7 platform by simplifying the mfr process and providing clearer well designed reference design boards (get real 4 DIMM slots on a tri-channel board/CPU/Chipset, that keeps bothering me to date!)
Most of the X58 Bugs can be contributive to Immature Bios fixes and the rush to get the boards out to the public, plus Intel & nVidia not being forthcoming with all data needed.

Quote:
also what do you think about the other questions i mentioned.
Will get to thm now.

Quote:
EX: 1. ASUS's boards - Cold boot issues, - FF error code.
It was not just Asus with the Cold Boot issues, other had them as well like MSI with some of there socket 775 boards. The FF code error was EVGA issue, not Asus.

Quote:
2. most boards S3 Resume issues.
Correct, but that was due to immatue bios' and keyboard hardware and software issues.

Quote:
3. Bottlenecks due to the integration of the PCI-e Lane controller in the main chipset rather than in the proc chip in spite of the memory controller.
The memory controller for the 1366 chipset is in the CPU, but the PCI-E Bottleneck has always been around since PCI-E inception in one way or the other due to how much bandwidth is available and hopefully it will be resolved when PCI-E 3.0 is release.

Quote:
4. some boards that have been reported to have issues with non-D0 stepping proc chips and reported once that a similar issue has been witnessed here in my country consisting of i7 C0 and ASUS P6TD Deluxe that his entire system caught on fire.
I read that certain Batch #'s of the Core i7 920mhz CO stepping did have some problems but Intel seem to address that in later Batch #'s and eventually came out with the DO stepping. Now on your 2nd part of your question about i7 C0 and ASUS P6TD Deluxe catching on fire. So far I can not confirm that in any of my searches on the Internet, but did find one that was for the Asus M3A32 board back in March 2008, read last post in link below.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=M3...
August 28, 2009 11:10:07 PM

oooooh.....but do the pci-e cards even fill up the bandwith supplied by 2.0x16? i heard rumors that the current ones don't, but the new ATi 5*** series might? is that true, and if so, if im buying a mobo that i want to last for 3~4 years with my i7 920, and only replacing GPU every 2 years, will the PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots bottleneck next generation GPUs?

and with the new GPU range , will it consume more or less power than the current high end GPUs like the ATi 4890? Because I want to know whether a corsair hx1000w is needed for high end X-Fire in the future, or whether a 750tx could do it?

and also with the new GPUs, will the current PSU 6+2 and just 6 pin cords work, or will i need all 6+2 or 8 pin adapters? basically, what adapters will the new GPUs have on them that the current ones don't

and info would be greatly appreciated,
MICK
!