Sign in with
Your question

Did not work after flashing the 2904 bios update

Last response: in Motherboards
February 14, 2010 8:34:54 PM

I was wondering if anyone has gotten an answer to your issue. For the record, I am pretty darn technical have have built a number of pc's and servers and have run into many strange issues, but this one is the weirdest. I run a 9850 BE and have been using this set-up for the past 1.5 years

Asus M3N-HT Delux
4 gig RAM Corsair Dominator
1000W PSU
8800GT SLI'ed
Windows 7 x64

I have been running W& for the past 5 months without a hitch. Figured I would update the bios just to stay close to the latest and greatest...have updated my bios many other times over the course of the past 1.5 years without issue. When flashing the Bios last night, it gave me the message saying that the bios was updated and that my pc will reboot in 5 seconds...long story short, it never turned off even after 5 minutes. I manually turned it off and then turned it back on, but nothing. The fans worked, so did the LED's, it never got past this part...no POST, no Video. Any Ideas? I have done the RAM removal, no beep, removed the vga connection, no beep...I was hoping to get some information out of everyone before calling asus and RMA'ing this board. I love the board, but have never had this issue arise before.

Thanks in advance.
a c 217 V Motherboard
February 14, 2010 10:33:41 PM

Doesn't the manual explain how to recover from a failed BIOS flash?
February 16, 2010 12:51:53 AM

I tired that method, but still getting no POST. Will call ASUS tomorrow to see if they can help me out.
!