sims won't start up any more - help

hello,

Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
(some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
Anyone have a solution????
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sims start help

    Hans de Leeuw wrote, On 31-7-2005 14:14:
    > hello,
    >
    > Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
    > (some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
    > I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
    > Anyone have a solution????
    > thanks

    Which version are you playing The Sims or The Sims 2, have you any
    expansion packs installed?

    What I would do is uninstall The Sims and reinstall it, that often does
    the trick.

    Bianca

    Hans de Leeuw wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
    > (some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
    > I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
    > Anyone have a solution????
    > thanks

    Sounds like you might have removed a needed media program. Have you tried
    restoring your computer to an earlier date, before you started removing
    stuff? Also, are there any error messages when your game terminates? If
    you will look in C:/My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Logs, you should find a log
    file that is created when the game crashes. I can't remember the name of it
    right offhand, but you'll recognize it when you get there. Open it in
    Notepad and it should tell you exactly what the game was trying to do when
    it crashed. That will help track down the cause.

    Jeanie

Sims Games Windows XP Video Games