sims won't start up any more - help

hello,

Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
(some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
Anyone have a solution????
thanks

Hans de Leeuw wrote, On 31-7-2005 14:14:
> hello,
>
> Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
> (some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
> I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
> Anyone have a solution????
> thanks

Which version are you playing The Sims or The Sims 2, have you any
expansion packs installed?

What I would do is uninstall The Sims and reinstall it, that often does
the trick.

Bianca

Hans de Leeuw wrote:
> hello,
>
> Sims won't start up any more. Only the start screen.
> (some weeks ago the sound didnt work, bit at least the program)
> I have windows-XP and removed quite some media-programs.
> Anyone have a solution????
> thanks

Sounds like you might have removed a needed media program. Have you tried
restoring your computer to an earlier date, before you started removing
stuff? Also, are there any error messages when your game terminates? If
you will look in C:/My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Logs, you should find a log
file that is created when the game crashes. I can't remember the name of it
right offhand, but you'll recognize it when you get there. Open it in
Notepad and it should tell you exactly what the game was trying to do when
it crashed. That will help track down the cause.

Jeanie