USB Registry Settings

I am having some problems with the USB stuff and the error indicates
incomplete/incorrect registry settings. We've uninstalled & resinstalled
the drivers more than once and the next step appears to be wiping the
machine & starting over - which is a problem given the level of applications
installed, etc.

Any ideas? Any way to remove/restore just those registry settings?

We've tried the WinXP 'repair' option & that had no effect.

Thanks,

"Kevin L. Stringer" <Kevin_Stringer@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am having some problems with the USB stuff and the error indicates
>incomplete/incorrect registry settings.

There may be drivers loaded for the USB devices. Remove them from the
Device Manager and then retry. First set up the Device Manager to show
non-present devices as well: "Device Manager Does Not Display Devices
That Are Not Connected to the Windows XP-Based Computer"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315539).

--
(tm)