Pavilion DV3 Boot Problem

Chris19911210

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hi everyone, I've been having a little trouble with my Pavilion DV3. I've had it for about 6 months and It's been running fine with Windows 7 but I would like to try Ubuntu. I downloaded the Ubuntu ISO and burned it to a DVD so that I could install it along side my Windows 7 but I'm having trouble booting from it. The Ubuntu disk boots and I see a little logo of a keyboard at the bottom but after that the screen just switches off and never recovers. This also happens with any other media I try to boot from including USB and my second hard drive which has windows 7 installed on it.

Originally I thought that it might have been a problem with Quick Web, a mini operating system that comes pre installed on some HP machines but after I uninstalled it the problem continues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

almartin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
You may have a bad download of the ISO file. This happen to me. Download it again on a new cd and try to install it unless you just want to run it from the disk. I would format the partition that Ubuntu is installed on.
Then Try booting from the win 7 disk. Run startup and repair to repair your boot files on the second hard disk.

TRENDING THREADS