What software is best to oc or control graphic cards

G

I was going to get a physics card and team that with my already gtx5 series setup all nvidia of course. Was wanting to know because my physx card is not going to be the same model as my other cards is there is software out yet that controls and separates the issues between main nvidia cards that run, and physx allowing me to oc both. Now I am open for suggestions, but I have already tried afterburner when I had gtx4 series setup with gt240 for physx did not work. Mabey I need a different version of it? Or do I get to O.C. the main setup and physx will have to be set to stock settings? Is the whole graphics system going to have to be left at stock in order to run physx with a gtx5 series setup?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
MSI afterburner supports mutiple GPUs, and allows you to clock each gpu independant of the other or by checking a box sync all their clock speeds. It will also let you adjust shader clock and voltage if your card supports that.

G

I have noticed alot of play on the slider bars(shows increased speed) of afterburner with not much if any results when benchmarking after rising the clock speed slider bar up?!

welshmousepk

Distinguished
The software used doesn't effect the end result. 900mhz via MSI afterburner and 900mhz via ASUS SmartDoctor will both benchmark eactly the same. the only difference between software is usability and features.

afterburner is generally considered to be the best GPU OC software because ut has great options for OCing, excellent monitoring tools, easy to set up fan profiles, and over voltage support.

G

but because I have two graphic cards in my system that don't support overvolting and 1 that does. MSI afterburner does not give me a overvolting slidebar at all. What type of software is there beside nvidia oc tools with nivida overvolt tools out there to overvolt my physx card and still overclock my twin card twin gpu's setup?

Yeah you need to select in the settings a box to allow voltage control. It will be blank on the card that doesn't allow it. The other thing is that you'll probably have to go into the Afterburner config file and set "allow unofficial overclocking" to 1.

Also, did you already buy the PhysX card? I don't recommend it if you didn't since you already have Nvidia... I bought one and after a month I played all the PhysX games and haven't really used it since, except when I replay Metro 2033.

One more thing, you'll need to set the option in the Nvidia control panel to only run the PhysX off the dedicated card.

G

You know that sounds like a good idea I will try to load up afterburner again and see what the deal is. Yes I did get a physx card. Ya know what It worth 6,000 vantage points so it was worth buying it for me. That is pretty much equal to my cpu gain when overclocking. I did not spend over 50 percent of what my main graphics cards were worth either. That equals gtx580
Anyway I will try to use afterburner again but it just seems like you can run the sliderbar on the gpu up to 704mhz but its still going like 640mhz. I also saw a youtube on a zotac gtx590 oc with afterburner and it was at a real high rate like 780mhz and he was taking 3dmark 11 test and the test was running at slow frame rates. I did not hear about going into the afterburner config I will try that and get back here. and post a response about if it worked or not.

G

Yea I tried that and it did'nt work. The thing is I want to to O.C. without having to flash the bois on my cards. And alot of that is because they are so expensive.

TRENDING THREADS