Overclocking GPU

gododgerz

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hello,I have looked every where but cant seem to find overclock settings for my dual asus GTX 570's (direct cut II) PLease help!

welshmousepk

Distinguished
You don't use 'settings', you have to read a guide. Once you know what to do, go and try it. But there are no guaranteed settings. every chip is different, and being over zelaous with the sliders can fry a GPU. Make sure you are 100 percent about what you're doing before you do it.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Use MSI After Burner which is the best software for GPU Overclocking and OC your GPU... Every GPU Clock from others may vary from yours or your GPU... Manual OC Settings is recommended because sometime you can reach higher than other people... For example, there's this guy have a Evga GTs 450 and OC to 905MHz Core Clock awhile mine Evga GTs 450 OC to 900MHz Core Clock which is a 5MHz different and when i try 905MHz, the driver stopped... You have to OC and test it yourself to find it... First try a big step forward like add 150MHz Core Clock and test if stable... Also try 200MHz Memory Clock and see if stable.. Use furmark or play a game(Dont play low end game, play something like A.V.A. which is from steam-Free To Play) which is better than furmark testing...

gododgerz

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for the info... I am a newbie and this is my first build. I do have MSI After burner and the Asus supplied smart doctor program but I just need a starting point. I tried to follow a bench mark posted here http://www.geeks3d.com/20110217/asus-geforce-gtx-570-directcu-ii-review-test-overclocking/6/ but I couldn't wrap my head around it. If all I wanted to do was duplicate the articles findings how would I do it?