Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking GTX570....BF3 crashing

Last response: in Overclocking
October 30, 2011 5:23:45 AM

I'm overclocking my Evga 570 classified and I'm unsure of wether or not I need to up the voltage or what serves as an indicator when OC'ing that tells me my cars isn't getting enough power. The first week I had my card I had problems with Crysis 2, Metro and homefront, finally I stepped up the voltage and it worked. But for BF3 it only works on Nvida beta driver 283.38 and at stock settings no overclocks....WTF ???
November 1, 2011 6:55:42 AM

There are new drivers out for Nvidia made for BF3
m
l
a c 231 U Graphics card
a c 158 K Overclocking
November 1, 2011 8:03:27 AM

Yes, BF tech support folks are recommending a roll back to 283.38

However, my son is still experiencing crashes on his twin 560's ..... turned off SLI, clocked em back down from 1000MHz to 900MHz and still crashing. Metro, Crysis, all other games work fine.
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2011 9:33:29 AM

I have experienced 3 crashes so far on BF3 (haven't played much) but the new driver was more stable for me than the beta drivers and a few of my friends also with 460 and 560ti.
m
l
November 1, 2011 11:26:57 PM

Thanks....yeah I'm more stable on the beta driver 283.38 then 285. Still crashing just about daily. Anything I can do?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 1:18:35 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
Yes, BF tech support folks are recommending a roll back to 283.38

However, my son is still experiencing crashes on his twin 560's ..... turned off SLI, clocked em back down from 1000MHz to 900MHz and still crashing. Metro, Crysis, all other games work fine.

I have the fix to all the crashes in bf3 :) 
Make sure to close down bf3 and origin! Origin must not be running!! Then go to your control panel, and press remove program, mark punkbuster, and delete punkbuster. A popup window appers, press finish. Then Reboot your computer. Start Origin, and then RIGHT-CLIK on bf3, and choce repair. Let it do it`s thing, and when finish, the game runs perfectly :) 

Spreed the word :) 
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 1:19:20 AM

shoot you said:
I have experienced 3 crashes so far on BF3 (haven't played much) but the new driver was more stable for me than the beta drivers and a few of my friends also with 460 and 560ti.

I have the fix to all the crashes in bf3 :) 
Make sure to close down bf3 and origin! Origin must not be running!! Then go to your control panel, and press remove program, mark punkbuster, and delete punkbuster. A popup window appers, press finish. Then Reboot your computer. Start Origin, and then RIGHT-CLIK on bf3, and choce repair. Let it do it`s thing, and when finish, the game runs perfectly :) 

Posted by: XcsoX
m
l
!