Sign in with
Your question

New system build will not POST

Last response: in Systems
August 25, 2009 10:50:20 PM

Hello, recently put a new build together but cannot get the system to POST. In fact, I cant get the system to do anything. The fans spin and the LEDs on the mobo itself light up but that is all. Monitor does not receive a signal even when I switched to an older video card. The g.skill RAM has blue LEDs that will not light up, which leads me to think the RAM may be the problem. I tried installing the ram in nearly every combination (channels 1+3, 2+4, 1+2) but the leds still do not light up. Also tried one stick at a time in each slot with the same result. I can hear the hard drive spinning but all other drives are disconnected. Since i cant get to the start up screen at all i suspect the problem could be CPU or motherboard as well. No response from the manufacturers yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (rev. 1.0)
ram: 2x G.Skill F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK
video card: Gigabyte GV-R455D3-512I
processor: AMD Phenom II X4 905e Deneb 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 65W Quad-Core Processor
psu: Thermaltake Litepower W0293RU 450W ATX12V 2.3
hard drive: Western Digital RE3 WD5002ABYS-01B1B0 500GB 7200 RPM

More about : system build post

August 26, 2009 5:29:28 AM

After checklist, look at PSU.
Related resources
August 26, 2009 4:35:15 PM

if he would not plug 4pin cable, pc would turn on for a sec and turn off. i guess your motherboard is dead, since ram problem would be heard though a pc speaker.
August 27, 2009 7:50:10 AM

if you plug all the power correctly (mobo, videocard) then
no memory or no videocard = no post.

either not correctly inserted or bad memory/videocard.

make sure you plug all the power cables connected correctly.
worst case - bad mobo, even more - bad cpu or cpu not plugged correctly.

first recommendation - connect the internal speaker and try to hear the beep errors.
!