Phenom Owning an i7-2600k

That just tells you that, in this game, once a CPU is fast enough, performance will be determined by the GPU. I suspect that with a CPU intensive game like FSX, the results would be very different.

ervinelim

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Yeah, but BF3 is one the most anticipated game of the year( for me). We can also see most people upgrading or buying new builds just for BF3. It's pretty cool. :) Yeah, if it were CPU intensive then the i7 would eat it at 5ghz lol.

jdwii

Splendid
i thought Amd had a hand in making BF3 and i noticed something odd on Amd systems once you max out games on multiple monitors and such(unrealistic gaming) Amd comes ahead some times maybe more throughoutput?

One more thing, Are games that efficient now a days a lot of new games are getting better on hardware. Odd that they are not resource hogs. Its a good thing. Just makes it harder to buy newer hardware when their is know reason to.

megadelayed

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

what i dont get is that it says the game is optimised for more cores over clock spee then the graph shows that a 4.5+ghz i7 not making a big improvement over stock. then it gets to the game performance... the 3.8ghz x4 beats the x6 and the i7 @ stock and performs the same as a 4.7ghz i7?

BlacKHawK3

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Don't forget this is VERY GPU limited with these settings... try it with the goodies turned off at 1280x1024 and you will get a very different result for CPU scaling.

you will also get frame rate improvements you will never see so whats the point?

megadelayed

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

true, as long as you dont get dramatic dips in frame rates ( like my 480 sli in battlefield) and the framerate is over 30ish then its fine