Sign in with
Your question

Asus p6t v2 deluxe

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2010 7:06:30 AM

Hello guys i was currently installing corsair h50 and well after installing and putting everything all back my screen would say no signal, now when i checked wiring everything was still good, but then i checked motherboard and it had OCZ Freeze on the motherboard on some chips, my son must of got some on his hands and touched motherboard. What do you guys think that he messed up motherboard by touching the chips with the paste? Is it possible that my graphics card messed up or something? It was working fine just before I unplugged computer and started to take computer apart. Is it motherboard, cpu or graphics card?

Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
CPU: i7-920
GPU: XFX HD 4890

More about : asus p6t deluxe

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 226 U Graphics card
a c 208 V Motherboard
February 15, 2010 2:53:30 PM

OCZ Freeze is Aluminum Oxide which is non-electrically conductive.

Did you plug both cables into the MoBo ?

Both PCI-E cable into the GFX card ?
m
l
February 15, 2010 4:34:00 PM

Does the motherboard led light turn on when its plugged in? If not then its the power supply (most likely). If the light does turn on then does the system power on and post? If not then it is likely your motherboard in which case I would first try removing all of the thermal paste if you havent done so already.

It is very unlikely that its your cpu or graphics card since they worked beforehand. If the computer turns on then you should hear the post which would indicate what might be wrong with your system (depending on the type of POST you have, see website)
http://www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_...

m
l
February 16, 2010 3:21:46 AM

Yea the motherboards light does turn on and everything it gave power to everything but my monitor would say no signal, i also tried it on my tv and said the same thing no signal when turning it on. The motherboard doesnt post at all, i actually tried putting my headphones on when i started computer and i didnt hear anything at all, I just recently returned my motherboard and cpu and got a new 920 and motherboard, i got the new gigabyte motherboard with usb 3.0 an sata 3.0 along with i7-920 d0 stepping lol.. Thank god for warranty
m
l
!