2 video drivers on windows 7

maxakuru

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
i have a 9600gt and an fx 5200 and i know they run different drivers but i was told you can run multiple drivers on windows 7 so i upgraded, but no matter which order i install the most recently installed driver overrides the older one and the older driver cant run..

so my question is, how do i go about installing these drivers? if someone could give me as detailed directions as possible it would be much appreciated :D

I'll assume that your using the files downloaded from nvidia.
1. Install either gpu driver. pay attention to where it extracts the files.
2. Copy the extracted video files to a seperate location.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other card. Make sure you copy the extracted files to a different folder then you did in step 2.
4. Uninstall all video drivers. Use CC cleaner to make sure if you want.
5. After reboot go into device manager and find the gpu. right click and update the driver. say you want to pick the location yourself and point the proper folder. (either the one you made in step 1 or 3.) If it fails pick the other one. Repeat for other GPU.

I ASSUME this would work. I've extracted nvidia drivers using steps 1 and 2 for slipstreaming. Hope this helps.

maxakuru

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

i tried this, and it looks promising.. the issue now is that windows 7 doesn't seem to support the driver for the fx 5200 >.<

i got "This device cannot start (code 10)" and after trying to install the driver i got (code 38)...

now when i try to reinstall or do pretty much anything it still gives the code 10 message

maxakuru

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

i tried as many ways as i could think of and it looks like it might work if the drivers worked for win 7,
im using 32 bit and i did and it showed 2 monitors, on nvidia control panel it also showed 2 and no other detected cards..