TS2: Nice Earrings??

Last response: in Video Games
August 1, 2005 1:45:36 AM

Hi All,

I am looking for some nice earrings for TS2, who can help me out
here??
Thanks in advance :-)

Elly.

More about : ts2 nice earrings

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 4:55:51 PM

Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game down -
a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.

Best wishes
maxon

"Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >http://www.sims2creation.com/
> >
> >http://www.xmsims.com/ (it's a subsection of skins)
> >
> >http://gameisland.ru/TheSims2/eng/main.html
> >

> >http://www.simstv.com/ has some very interesting stuff, but
> >unfortunately the downloads are temporarily down.
>
> Thanks very much :-)))))
>
> Elly.
August 1, 2005 4:55:52 PM

> Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game
> down -
> a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Heck, I don't need anything more to slow the game down. LOL Thanks for
the
warning!
Geezz this game is gonna cause me to buy a more powerful computer sooner
than later!! A 'lot' sooner!!

Betty
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:26:16 PM

If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when you
first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and out
and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture. Anyway,
it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what this
is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a really
useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:

http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx

which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.

Best wishes
maxon

"Betty" <cyberbg2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game
> > down -
> > a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon
> >
> Heck, I don't need anything more to slow the game down. LOL Thanks for
> the
> warning!
> Geezz this game is gonna cause me to buy a more powerful computer sooner
> than later!! A 'lot' sooner!!
>
> Betty

August 1, 2005 8:26:17 PM

Oh wow, that sounds good!! I'm on my way now to look and grab it.

Betty

> If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when
> you
> first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
> compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the
> mesh
> moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and
> out
> and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture.
> Anyway,
> it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know
> what this
> is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a
> really
> useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been
> using:
>
> http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
>
> which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to
> find
> files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the
> mesh.
> It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game
> down,
> like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes.
> There are
> a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so
> it's
> less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep
> an eye
> on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand.
> It's made
> by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with
> Mod the
> Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made
> and
> released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:23:24 AM

>If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when you
>first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
>compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
>moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and out
>and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture. Anyway,
>it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what this
>is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a really
>useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:
>
>http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
>
>which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
>files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
>It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
>like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
>a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
>less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
>on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
>by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
>Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
>released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
>
>Best wishes
>maxon

Wow, thanks a lot, so that was what was slowing things down :-(
I will go and look for this Download Maid, that will probably help me
a lot.
I never would have thought that those earrings could slow things down
so much.

Elly.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:32:04 AM

>>If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when you
>>first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
>>compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
>>moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and out
>>and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture. Anyway,
>>it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what this
>>is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a really
>>useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:
>>
>>http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
>>
>>which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
>>files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
>>It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
>>like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
>>a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
>>less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
>>on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
>>by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
>>Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
>>released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
>>
>>Best wishes
>>maxon

Oh boy, I just downloaded this Download Maid, it's not working here,
anybody got any idea why not????????????
I would love to be able to get rid of files that are corrupted or
slowing things down.

Elly.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:32:05 AM

OK speak to Darkmatter about it directly at:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47966

Only make sure you've read all the instructions first. Also, you need to
have the very latest DirectX drivers - 9C - not the one that came with the
game but an update released in April. Sorry I should have said this -
there's a link I think on that thread at Mod the Sims 2.

> >>If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when
you
> >>first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
> >>compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
> >>moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and
out
> >>and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture.
Anyway,
> >>it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what
this
> >>is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a
really
> >>useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been
using:

> >>http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
> >>
> >>which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to
find
> >>files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the
mesh.
> >>It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game
down,
> >>like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There
are
> >>a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
> >>less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an
eye
> >>on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's
made
> >>by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod
the
> >>Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made
and
> >>released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
> >>
> >>Best wishes
> >>maxon
>
> Oh boy, I just downloaded this Download Maid, it's not working here,
> anybody got any idea why not????????????
> I would love to be able to get rid of files that are corrupted or
> slowing things down.
>
> Elly.
August 2, 2005 1:32:06 AM

There's a link on the FAQ on the Datgen website too. I just tried to
download the
directx update and I have DSL but it dropped down so much that it was
going to take about
30 min. to get it so I'll do it later. It is a big download though.

Betty

news:D SvHe.8416$hc4.7841@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...

!