TS2: Nice Earrings??

Hi All,

I am looking for some nice earrings for TS2, who can help me out
here??
Thanks in advance :-)

Elly.
11 answers Last reply
More about nice earrings

    Elly schrieb:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for some nice earrings for TS2, who can help me out
    > here??
    > Thanks in advance :-)
    >
    > Elly.

    http://www.sims2creation.com/

    http://www.xmsims.com/ (it's a subsection of skins)

    http://gameisland.ru/TheSims2/eng/main.html

    http://www.simstv.com/ has some very interesting stuff, but
    unfortunately the downloads are temporarily down.

    And http://www.modthesims2.com of course.

    >http://www.sims2creation.com/
    >
    >http://www.xmsims.com/ (it's a subsection of skins)
    >
    >http://gameisland.ru/TheSims2/eng/main.html
    >

    >http://www.simstv.com/ has some very interesting stuff, but
    >unfortunately the downloads are temporarily down.

    Thanks very much :-)))))

    Elly.

    Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game down -
    a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game
    > down -
    > a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    Heck, I don't need anything more to slow the game down. LOL Thanks for
    the
    warning!
    Geezz this game is gonna cause me to buy a more powerful computer sooner
    than later!! A 'lot' sooner!!

    Betty

    If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when you
    first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
    compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
    moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and out
    and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture. Anyway,
    it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what this
    is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a really
    useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:

    http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx

    which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
    files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
    It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
    like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
    a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
    less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
    on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
    by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
    Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
    released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Betty" <cyberbg2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > Be warned, these files use complex meshes and they can slow the game
    > > down -
    > > a lot. In fact, it's the ONLY thing that has slowed my game down.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > maxon
    > >
    > Heck, I don't need anything more to slow the game down. LOL Thanks for
    > the
    > warning!
    > Geezz this game is gonna cause me to buy a more powerful computer sooner
    > than later!! A 'lot' sooner!!
    >
    > Betty

    Oh wow, that sounds good!! I'm on my way now to look and grab it.

    Betty

> [...]

    >useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:
    >
    >http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
    >
    >which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
    >files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
    >It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
    >like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
    >a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
    >less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
    >on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
    >by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
    >Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
    >released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.

    Wow, thanks a lot, so that was what was slowing things down :-(
    I will go and look for this Download Maid, that will probably help me
    a lot.
    I never would have thought that those earrings could slow things down
    so much.

    Elly.

    >>If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when you
    >>first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
    >>compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
    >>moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and out
    >>and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture. Anyway,
    >>it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what this
    >>is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a really
    >>useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been using:
    >>
    >>http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
    >>
    >>which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to find
    >>files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the mesh.
    >>It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game down,
    >>like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There are
    >>a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
    >>less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an eye
    >>on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's made
    >>by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod the
    >>Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made and
    >>released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
    >>
    >>Best wishes
    >>maxon

    Oh boy, I just downloaded this Download Maid, it's not working here,
    anybody got any idea why not????????????
    I would love to be able to get rid of files that are corrupted or
    slowing things down.

    Elly.

    OK speak to Darkmatter about it directly at:

    http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47966

    Only make sure you've read all the instructions first. Also, you need to
    have the very latest DirectX drivers - 9C - not the one that came with the
    game but an update released in April. Sorry I should have said this -
    there's a link I think on that thread at Mod the Sims 2.

    > >>If you've having trouble with the game running slower than it was when
    you
    > >>first loaded it, this can be one of the reasons. Your computer has to
    > >>compute the appearance of things like earrings constantly - as the mesh
    > >>moves through the 3D environment of your sims home, as you zoom in and
    out
    > >>and change orientation and ... well, I think you get the picture.
    Anyway,
    > >>it's why you see poly count and vertex (don't ask me, I don't know what
    this
    > >>is either) information all over sims websites nowadays. There is a
    really
    > >>useful suite of tools being developed called DatGen which I have been
    using:

    > >>http://www.datgen.info/default.aspx
    > >>
    > >>which has a plug in called Download Maid. This has a scan facility to
    find
    > >>files that are performance hampering because of the complexity of the
    mesh.
    > >>It also will scan for a lot of other stuff that will slow your game
    down,
    > >>like non-working or corrupted files or orphaned textures/meshes. There
    are
    > >>a whole pile of other plug ins too. It's still being developed, so it's
    > >>less than perfect but it's also damn useful and you may want to keep an
    eye
    > >>on progress and/or try out the scan facilities as they now stand. It's
    made
    > >>by a bloke (?) called Darkmatter and his team who are connected with Mod
    the
    > >>Sims 2. It seems to be turning into the tool Maxis *should* have made
    and
    > >>released instead of that useless Object Manager thing.
    > >>
    > >>Best wishes
    > >>maxon
    >
    > Oh boy, I just downloaded this Download Maid, it's not working here,
    > anybody got any idea why not????????????
    > I would love to be able to get rid of files that are corrupted or
    > slowing things down.
    >
    > Elly.

    There's a link on the FAQ on the Datgen website too. I just tried to
    download the
    directx update and I have DSL but it dropped down so much that it was
    going to take about
    30 min. to get it so I'll do it later. It is a big download though.

    Betty

Sims Games Video Games